Choosing A-levels Watch

Lyons
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need to submit my sixth form application soon but i need to choose a fourth subject ( it is 4 minimum). I am planning on taking Graphics, Geography and Art at A-level, but i don't know what else to choose. I want to start an online business selling thing i design/make (using my graphics and art skills) and i have chosen geography because i enjoy it and can get a good grade. I would like to do maths but i have looked into it and know it would be beyond me, and i don't really enjoy or have top grades in the subjects left (generally Bs). I know i will have to just pick something but i have no reasons to take them! Also if it helps, i don't plan to go to uni, but do a course or start a business when i leave.

Thanks in advance
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lyons)
I need to submit my sixth form application soon but i need to choose a fourth subject ( it is 4 minimum). I am planning on taking Graphics, Geography and Art at A-level, but i don't know what else to choose. I want to start an online business selling thing i design/make (using my graphics and art skills) and i have chosen geography because i enjoy it and can get a good grade. I would like to do maths but i have looked into it and know it would be beyond me, and i don't really enjoy or have top grades in the subjects left (generally Bs). I know i will have to just pick something but i have no reasons to take them! Also if it helps, i don't plan to go to uni, but do a course or start a business when i leave.

Thanks in advance
What about taking up a new subject like Economics or Politics? I've heard that Economics goes well with Geography!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lyons
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This sixth form doesn't offer economics but thanks anyway

These are the subjects they do have:

Applied Science

Art and Design

Biology

Business Studies

Chemistry

DT - Graphics

English Language

English Literature

French

Geography

Health and Social Care

History

ICT/ OCR ICT

Law

Mathematics

Media Studies

Physical Education

Physics

Psychology

Religious Studies

Religious Studies (General)

Sociology

Textiles
Izzyyyyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about sociology? I hear it's quite easy compared to the traditional sciences and gives you a balance of things. I would reccomend English or maths but seeming as you said you might not like maths then go for something different
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.4%
No - but I will (74)
7.64%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (465)
48.04%

Watched Threads