I have such bad friends Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I’m starting to feel really frustrated with my friends lately. Two out of three of my closest friends from primary (let’s call them Martha and Jane) have just diched me and gone off with these two other girls. There are 8 of us in a group, and these 4 seem to control everyone else. Me and my other friends (from the group) have been friends with Martha and Jane since beginning of primary. But they seem to spend much more time with them than they do us. Martha especially seems to bend over backwards to impress one of them. I find her to be very manipulative, and she’s more interested in impressing people with her internet persona than just getting on with enjoying herself. I’m not sure what to do, I feel if I confront the situation it would make it worst as they wouldn’t change anything it would just create tension. On the other hand it’s so frustrating feeling like your dirt under someone’s foot who’s meant to be one of your closest friends. Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice? Anything is appreciated
Zenarthra
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m starting to feel really frustrated with my friends lately. Two out of three of my closest friends from primary (let’s call them Martha and Jane) have just diched me and gone off with these two other girls. There are 8 of us in a group, and these 4 seem to control everyone else. Me and my other friends (from the group) have been friends with Martha and Jane since beginning of primary. But they seem to spend much more time with them than they do us. Martha especially seems to bend over backwards to impress one of them. I find her to be very manipulative, and she’s more interested in impressing people with her internet persona than just getting on with enjoying herself. I’m not sure what to do, I feel if I confront the situation it would make it worst as they wouldn’t change anything it would just create tension. On the other hand it’s so frustrating feeling like your dirt under someone’s foot who’s meant to be one of your closest friends. Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice? Anything is appreciated
Look, if you really want to test your friendship; i suggest you ask them to help you on something. Would they sacrifice having fun for helping a friend?
Because i know i definitely would. What would you do for best friends? Good, now test them. Ditch the things in life that are detrimental to your health. If what they are doing is upsetting to, confront them, if there is no change, find new positive friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads