The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm an applicant for this cycle. I know this is super early, but does anyone have any idea when interview offers start coming out?
Reply 2
Original post by ditde
Hi, I'm an applicant for this cycle. I know this is super early, but does anyone have any idea when interview offers start coming out?

http://www.med.hku.hk/v1/education/undergraduate-studies/undergraduate-admission/bachelor-of-medicine-and-bachelor-of-surgery-mbbs/

Interview offers for fast track are usually given during December and January. First main round offers for high school students in April, Second main round in July, Third main round in August. Undergrads or degree holders are in May.

Here's previous 2014 entry thread for reference:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2468408
Reply 3
Hi. I am an applicant of 2014 and thinking about re-applying (only applied CUHK last year and probably apply to HKU also this year). I am thinking over going fast-track or not? Any suggestions?

(P.S. I am thinking if I should furnish my statement and have more time to prepare for interview VS submit quickly and rush for interview ---as I don't know if they give out a lot of space for degree applicant in fast track or not)

P.S.2 Is there any fast-track for CUHK medicine? I understand that there is a fast track program in CUHK. But it seems no one in last year thread mention about interviewing in Dec last year in CUHK. So it appears to me that all applications are put in April for first round.
Reply 4
i m a transfer applicant, currently a year 2 medic in UK. Does anyone know what kind of grades CUHK is looking at for transfer applicants? top 25% of the class? 10%? 1%?
Reply 5
Hi, I am an applicant for this cycle too through Fast Track. Anyone know when we should expect to hear back from them regarding interview invitations?
Original post by premed
Hi, I am an applicant for this cycle too through Fast Track. Anyone know when we should expect to hear back from them regarding interview invitations?

People from the thread last year seem to have received invitations around Dec 10th, interviews around Dec 17th and results around Jan 17th.
Reply 7
Just called the admission office of CUHK and HKU medicine.

CUHK says they are not offering advance offer this year, so expect to receive invitation for interview in March to April.

For fast-track applicants for HKU MBBS, the date of interview is scheduled on 16/12/2014 and they will send out invitation around a week before. If you hear nothing after 9-11/12, probably your application will be pooled into the main round.

Good luck!
Reply 8
Any degree holder applied for HKU MBBS in the fast-track round?
Original post by med1030

yes, i am in my final year of Biochemistry at University of London, applying fast track to HKU this year.
Original post by silverhorse
yes, i am in my final year of Biochemistry at University of London, applying fast track to HKU this year.

What do you learn in your 1st, 2nd, 3rd year of biochemistry?
Original post by med1030

Yes, final year biomedical engineering in UK, fast track too. But there seems to be a delay/error in mailing my reference, so might be thrown into main round. I might be contacting the wrong places, but how did you guys confirm the receipt of the reference?
Reply 12
Original post by coolguy360
Yes, final year biomedical engineering in UK, fast track too. But there seems to be a delay/error in mailing my reference, so might be thrown into main round. I might be contacting the wrong places, but how did you guys confirm the receipt of the reference?

Coolguy, I don't think it's not a huge problem as long as you uploaded the softcopy to the system on time.

The lady from the non-jupas admission office even told me that it's not compulsory to mail them the hard copy at this stage. They will request for the original letters if you obtain an offer from them.
Reply 13
Original post by med1030
Coolguy, I don't think it's not a huge problem as long as you uploaded the softcopy to the system on time.

The lady from the non-jupas admission office even told me that it's not compulsory to mail them the hard copy at this stage. They will request for the original letters if you obtain an offer from them.

Anyone received an intervew invitation for HKU? I just got an email.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by premed
Anyone received an intervew invitation for HKU? I just got an email.

Yea just got one too!
Original post by med1030

ahh thanks, not so worried now. btw are you doing a first degree too?
Reply 16
Yea just got one too!

congrats to you! Do you know what sort of questions they will ask?
Reply 17
ahh thanks, not so worried now. btw are you doing a first degree too?

Finished my degree, working in a clinically-related job.

Got my invitation too! Good luck to everyone!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DCMed96
What do you learn in your 1st, 2nd, 3rd year of biochemistry?

That is difficult to explain, especially on a forum such as this! It's pretty standard, covers most of the premed requirements and lots of research.
When do you think they will send out the last interview invitations?

Latest