The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone know how many people they will interview for Fast Track?
Reply 21
I have an interview for HKU on the 16th (email from the 5th), haven't heard anything from cuhk yet.
Reply 22
Good luck in your interviews everybody!
Any transfer students applied to hku/cuhk for fast track heard from them?
Reply 24
anybody know when should we expect to know the result for the HKU MBBS fast-track (16/12 interview) round? :wink:
Original post by ox852
anybody know when should we expect to know the result for the HKU MBBS fast-track (16/12 interview) round? :wink:

1 month from the interview I'd expect (based on last year)
how do you guys feel about the interview?
Reply 27
Hey guys,
Just a quick question with regards to the admissions process for the MBBS programme at CUHK. On one document on CUHK's website, they mention something about international students not resident in HK as not eligible to apply (But there is no indication on the main application page wherein they ask students to go to the OAFA). Can anyone who's got an offer for medicine or who is applying to the programme shed some light on it. I can select the programme through the drop down menu in the OAFA page.
Thanks
Abhi
Anyone doing HKU dentistry? I got an interview offer yesterday, gotta brush up on my cantonese skills.
Reply 29
Congrats helloeltiy
Did you receive the interview offer via phone or email? When will be your interview?
Original post by bds_pc
Congrats helloeltiy
Did you receive the interview offer via phone or email? When will be your interview?

I got it via email, interview will be on January 5th.
Reply 31
helloeltiy, how was your interview?
Was it individual? I guess its in English, right? Please share your exp. Thanks.
hello :biggrin:
i'm doing dentistry at HKU (i was born and raised in hk and took the local examination)
for us, the interview was individual, 100% in English
questions were basic (asking you why you chose dentistry, how did you feel about your examination results, what dental-related experiences you have etc)
Reply 33
Original post by vivianthecarrot
hello :biggrin:
i'm doing dentistry at HKU (i was born and raised in hk and took the local examination)
for us, the interview was individual, 100% in English
questions were basic (asking you why you chose dentistry, how did you feel about your examination results, what dental-related experiences you have etc)

Thank you for the reply. Really helpful information for prospective dentistry students :smile: May I ask how long the interview was?

This thread is really dead compared to last year's Application thread...Hopefully more people can contribute to this thread, especially those who have already attended interviews.
Reply 34
I guess the faculty is going to roll out the result of MBBS fast-track by the end of this week.

Has anyone heard from the faculty so far?
Original post by med1030
I guess the faculty is going to roll out the result of MBBS fast-track by the end of this week.

Has anyone heard from the faculty so far?

Nope... will we get notified if our application has gone to the main round after the interview?
Reply 36
Original post by claratiara
Nope... will we get notified if our application has gone to the main round after the interview?

The lady from the faculty office told me that only successful applicants will be contacted via phone and receive an offer letter.

She said we can check our application status through the online system once offer is released. Unsuccessful applicants of this round may see 'under consideration' I guess.
Original post by med1030
The lady from the faculty office told me that only successful applicants will be contacted via phone and receive an offer letter.

She said we can check our application status through the online system once offer is released. Unsuccessful applicants of this round may see 'under consideration' I guess.

By offer you are referring to both conditional and unconditional offer, am I right?
the interview was around 15-20mins
very chill ~ don't worry too much
Anyone heard news from HKU fast track yet?????
(I haven't :s)

Latest