The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it's still under consideration for me too. I kinda wish they'd tell us if we've been pooled into the main round
Reply 61
Original post by hopefultruffle19
Yeah it's still under consideration for me too. I kinda wish they'd tell us if we've been pooled into the main round

I think we will only know indirectly from the application status after Jan 2015
Original post by med1030
I thought for those who are 'Under Consideration' will be pooled into the main round. So I guess we won't be hearing from the faculty until the commencement of the main round exercise.

Just wondering if anyone receive an offer in the fast track? I have an impression they give out really few offers in this round unless they really really like the candidate.

Well I heard that some people got offer for oxford/cambridge medicine told HKU that they got an offer from oxbridge, then HKU immediately gave them conditional offer lol
So my guess is that unless you're extremely outstanding, they won't be giving you any offers until they get around interviewing other people from main round..
Reply 63
Original post by claratiara
Well I heard that some people got offer for oxford/cambridge medicine told HKU that they got an offer from oxbridge, then HKU immediately gave them conditional offer lol
So my guess is that unless you're extremely outstanding, they won't be giving you any offers until they get around interviewing other people from main round..

Are there any successful story of applicant who failed to get an offer in the Fast Track round but managed to get in through the Main Round exercise?

I phoned the faculty office the other day. The lady told me the chance is slim since both pools have similar quality of applicants. Not sure how reliable is this piece of info though. Any insight?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by med1030
Are there any successful story of applicant who failed to get an offer in the Fast Track round but managed to get in through the Main Round exercise?

I phoned the faculty office the other day. The lady told me the chance is slim since both pools have similar quality of applicants. Not sure how reliable is this piece of info though. Any insight?

Well, I heard from a friend that there were ppl who applied for fast track, but didn't get a conditional offer until april-june? I think that means they were 'deferred' into the main round?
But ultimately, it's your grades that count. They sometimes give out offers upon knowing the grade that you achieved.
Reply 65
I see. Maybe my case is slightly different. I'm applying as a graduate, got my transcript and everything, nothing else to be 'achieved' academically.

But you're right. I heard the faculty will not make an offer unless they are sure you're the best among both application cohorts, which mean it's another 6-7 months of anticipation and torture arghhh! Now I am kind of regret I applied for the fast track lol.

Best of luck!
Claratiara: For the people you mentioned who got offer from HKU after saying that they've got an offer elsewhere, are they in this year's round?

More generally, has any body from the fast-track round heard back yet?
have offers already been made? or are we actually freaking ourselves out lol... *thinking positively* :P
Just got a conditional offer 2 hours ago through email
2 people in my school have received offers for med.

Anyone doing BDS keep the thread updated please :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by coolguy360
Just got a conditional offer 2 hours ago through email

Congrats coolguy360!! Do you mind sharing some info about your stat and conditional offer?
Another person from my school got conditional offer at around 3:45,
Anddd I still haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Should I wait till the end of Jan before I phone them and ask whether i got deferred to the main round :/?
Original post by med1030
Congrats coolguy360!! Do you mind sharing some info about your stat and conditional offer?

4th year biomedical engineering undergrad. Offer for the 6 year course is a first hon.... But offer for advanced standing (5 year course?) is "subject to the Dean's approval. The final transcript should be submitted for consideration"
Reply 74
Got a conditional offer for MBBS 3A*1A. I actually hv a Cambridge offer to read medicine but i DID NOT use it as a leverage to get the offer so i'm not sure where these rumours arose or maybe there rly was somebody who did that?
My stats for ur information:
AS Phy: 300/300
AS Chem: 300/300
AS Bio: 300/300
A-Level Maths: 600/600
AS Chinese: 87/100
IELTS: 9.0

Btw I do know a frd who got Dental offer for 3A*. His stats r I think UMS abt 90% average but his interview skills were always fantastic and he said he did rly well in his interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jerejh3
Got a conditional offer for MBBS 3A*1A.

Btw I do know a frd who got Dental offer for 3A*. His stats r I think UMS abt 90% average but his interview skills were always fantastic and he said he did rly well in his interview.

Oh my god.. still under consideration.

Thanks for the info. Also excellent stats (Y)
Reply 76
Original post by med1030
I see. Maybe my case is slightly different. I'm applying as a graduate, got my transcript and everything, nothing else to be 'achieved' academically.

But you're right. I heard the faculty will not make an offer unless they are sure you're the best among both application cohorts, which mean it's another 6-7 months of anticipation and torture arghhh! Now I am kind of regret I applied for the fast track lol.

Best of luck!

Same here! Graduate with no 'pending results'; wondering if they would give unconditional offer later or not...
Reply 77
Original post by ox852
Same here! Graduate with no 'pending results'; wondering if they would give unconditional offer later or not...

I have a hypothesis that they rarely give out unconditional offer for graduate in the fast track round unless you are extremely outstanding. I have several friends with postgrad research degree and high-flying academic record are also 'under consideration'.

Wondering are there any graduate who get a firm offer in the fast track round may disprove this...?
Reply 78
Original post by med1030
I have a hypothesis that they rarely give out unconditional offer for graduate in the fast track round unless you are extremely outstanding. I have several friends with postgrad research degree and high-flying academic record are also 'under consideration'.

Wondering are there any graduate who get a firm offer in the fast track round may disprove this...?

Thanks for your info; the hypothesis sounds sensible that they may want to compare academic results from as many students as possible through the main round...:boring:
Same, degree holder here, and still haven't heard back yet.

I thought as we already have all our results, we should be in a better position than people who have pending results. That's why I don't understand why they seem to be holding us back.

I guess, we will have to wait and see.

Latest