The Student Room Group

Party life in university halls?

Hey y'all, just a couple of questions about uni accommodation. I'm 17 by the way. Or I will be from March 2015 and I hope to go to uni in September 2015.

Are there many/any 17 year olds in there?
What are the noise levels like? Could I sleep at night?
Do you think that I will be able to go out clubbing and stuff if I got a fake ID? Don't even have to drink, I just don't want to get left behind on university life.
What are the parties in halls like? I literally have no idea and I'm really intrigued! Would they (fellow students) let 17 year olds drink at them?
What kind of hookup is considered $1utty at university? I've never had my first kiss - I don't need to have it with a guy who is my boyfriend, I just don't want to have it with a guy that I feel doesn't care about me at all so I've chosen to wait so far. But if say, you had known a guy for a month or longer and one day you guys made out together or slept together, but it was just a one time thing, would everyone think of the girl as being promiscuous? I don't plan to sleep around or anything of the sort, I just don't want to get a bad reputation.

Thank you all so much!
Reply 1
Original post by sharminrita
University at 17? Huh?

Yeah I would have the grades to go a year early luckily so I am applying this year instead of next year. Any tips please? :smile:
Original post by AngloFranc
Hey y'all, just a couple of questions about uni accommodation. I'm 17 by the way. Or I will be from March 2015 and I hope to go to uni in September 2015.

Are there many/any 17 year olds in there?
What are the noise levels like? Could I sleep at night?
Do you think that I will be able to go out clubbing and stuff if I got a fake ID? Don't even have to drink, I just don't want to get left behind on university life.
What are the parties in halls like? I literally have no idea and I'm really intrigued! Would they (fellow students) let 17 year olds drink at them?
What kind of hookup is considered $1utty at university? I've never had my first kiss - I don't need to have it with a guy who is my boyfriend, I just don't want to have it with a guy that I feel doesn't care about me at all so I've chosen to wait so far. But if say, you had known a guy for a month or longer and one day you guys made out together or slept together, but it was just a one time thing, would everyone think of the girl as being promiscuous? I don't plan to sleep around or anything of the sort, I just don't want to get a bad reputation.

Thank you all so much!

Outside Scotland there aren't many 17 year olds at university. Parties depends entirely on the halls/flat and the people living in them. Again noise levels depend on this as well, some are really loud for most of the night, others can be quieter. Yes you can drink at parties, you can drink in a private setting from age 5 in the UK. As for clubbing it depends on how convincing the fake ID is really.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
hey! i have the same, its not so perfect to start university life 17 years old cause mostly you can't go out with your friends and when you go you can be embarrassed when they will not allow you to the simplest cafe,bar where is alcoholic cocktails or whatever selling((((((
Because of that i'm planning to get a fake ID, but i have no idea is it works?or not
If anyone knows can you tell me is it works in Edinburgh?is it worth to buy it for 15£

Thanks
Ilaha
Reply 4
Why don't you just take a gap year? apply this year if you want if you have the grades, but just defer? Uni isn't running away so why limit your chances of going out & making friends by being underage? Theres no rush, just saying:smile: Idk I just imagine uninlife beinng really held back if you're not actually an adult yet
And no people would not think of you as promicsious if you did that, one night stands happen all the time and noone actually cares cause everyone gets off with people
where did you get ID from?

Quick Reply

Latest