Commercial awareness and changing legal landscape Watch

bilalovmurad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys! I'm applying for Vac schemes this year and i think i need to learn more about law as business. Are there any books similar to Richard Susskind's Tomorrow's Lawyers which will be useful in fulfilling my aim? (applying for city law firms, just in case)

Thanks!
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Customer Rules - Lee Cockerell. It's not about selling Legal Services, but it is about selling services. Depends on where you're interviewing for, but if you want people to know that you're stone-cold, and not an idealist that might help. The author used to run Disneyland.
bilalovmurad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
The Customer Rules - Lee Cockerell. It's not about selling Legal Services, but it is about selling services. Depends on where you're interviewing for, but if you want people to know that you're stone-cold, and not an idealist that might help. The author used to run Disneyland.
Thanks, sounds intersrting
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Customer Rules is good.

All You Need to Know About the City is useful for learning random things you're expected to know eg. Brent and WTI.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bilalovmurad)
Hey guys! I'm applying for Vac schemes this year and i think i need to learn more about law as business. Are there any books similar to Richard Susskind's Tomorrow's Lawyers which will be useful in fulfilling my aim? (applying for city law firms, just in case)

Thanks!
Susskind is one of the world's most reliable predictors of what the future won't be like. For the last 25 years he has been adept at missing the point entirely.

Take the index to his 1996 book The Future of Law

What isn't in his index:

Econveyancing
Judicial Review
Litigants in Person
Legal Aid
Electronic Data Rooms
Court Consolidation
Compensation Culture

There are just two pages about costs; but quite a lot about court kiosks, a defunct private chatroom (though it isn't called that) run in the USA by LexisNexis called Counsel Connect and a staggering amount on voice recognition software.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.5%
No - but I will (87)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.09%

Watched Threads