A level maths revision Watch

SophR96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, so I got a D in AS maths, retaking some exams next summer to bring up my grade, but I have A2 mocks the week before we break up for Christmas and I really need help revising Maths! How do you do it? Do you just do practise papers or do you use mymaths or make notes, any help is appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Project Tsukyomi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I use math tutorials like examsolution (this one is good but the guy only provides you with 2 or 3 examples. Hegartymaths is the main one I use then do text book question followed by past papers (EVERY SINGLE ONE THERE BLOODY IS) then move on to Solomon math papers which I have heard are really hard so it would be good. Im currently doing my as that what I plan on doing anyway.
borysek01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do questions from past papers on the topic I'm working on in school to make sure I understand. Close to exam time, do every single past paper at least once. Does it work? Well, I got my 3A's in 3 units.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Project Tsukyomi)
I use math tutorials like examsolution (this one is good but the guy only provides you with 2 or 3 examples. Hegartymaths is the main one I use then do text book question followed by past papers (EVERY SINGLE ONE THERE BLOODY IS) then move on to Solomon math papers which I have heard are really hard so it would be good. Im currently doing my as that what I plan on doing anyway.
Agree with you. It's better to focus heavily on past papers and do them over and over again.
SophR96
Rep:
?
Thankyou everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SophR96)
Thankyou everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does your school offer logins for website such as Integral Maths and MyMaths?
SophR96
Rep:
?
Yeah we have mymaths although I don't tend to use it, I prefer actually writing things down opposed to being on a computer to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SophR96)
Hi, so I got a D in AS maths, retaking some exams next summer to bring up my grade, but I have A2 mocks the week before we break up for Christmas and I really need help revising Maths! How do you do it? Do you just do practise papers or do you use mymaths or make notes, any help is appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
past papers for breakfast

past papers for lunch

past papers for dinner

and if you still feel hungry between meals do some practice papers
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mymaths was really good for understanding but then it was just past papers after past papers. The application is unique to the exam board and you're only really going to learn those application skills through past papers. However, I wouldn't stress out about it yet because the last thin you want to do is exhaust your supply of past papers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise