Lost in Life Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, sorry to drop this all out here but I don't really know what else to do.

Basically everything seems to be such a colossal mess. Time seems to just be flying past and it's like I've missed my plane.

I can't think in any kind of logical order but the main points would be:

• Second year at university;
  • Time flying past like mad;
  • Have so much work to do but can't concentrate on anything;
  • Have 'friends' but can't connect with them and feel lonely;
  • Don't have a clue what I want to do in life;
  • There isn't any order just a spiralling mess of work, friends, clubs, etc (can't get any sort of a structure or have balance);
  • Have next to no motivation to do anything;
  • Pretty severe social anxiety;
  • Feel depression creeping back in.

I don't know if I'm asking for anything or if this is literally just a vent but feel free to pitch in and any advice or anything would be appreciated.

And sorry again for being so over the place :/
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys, sorry to drop this all out here but I don't really know what else to do.

Basically everything seems to be such a colossal mess. Time seems to just be flying past and it's like I've missed my plane.

• There isn't any order just a spiralling mess of work, friends, clubs, etc (can't get any sort of a structure or have balance);

I don't know if I'm asking for anything or if this is literally just a vent but feel free to pitch in and any advice or anything would be appreciated.

Maybe you could try and improve things on a day-to-day basis, like creating a set routine. For example, waking at the same time, exercising for at the same time for the same time, going to bed at the same time. Obviously its easier said than done, but if you tried it maybe you would feel a bit more "order" in your life. Once you have established some sort of routine you could look at addressing the other things that worry you?
Nerol
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would recommend joining a club or group to give you a way of meeting new people with similar interests to yours and also as a way to focus on something. I did this when I started feeling a bit down and lonely and it worked wonders!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

This is exactly my condition at the moment.
Dngr00l
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Food is thy medicine. Are you eating enough fruits, vegetables, and tofu? A vegan diet is extremely beneficial, especially for the mental state. I'm just offering another perspective.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.87%
No - but I will (98)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.93%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (603)
47.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise