This discussion is closed.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
IF you put a uni down as your first choice and another one as your second choice, and you get the required grades for your first (and therefore both!) but then you decide you'd rather go to your reserve choice, is that possible?
Lepr
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
IF you put a uni down as your first choice and another one as your second choice, and you get the required grades for your first (and therefore both!) but then you decide you'd rather go to your reserve choice, is that possible?
If you obtain the grades required for both courses, you are contractually obliged to take up your firm offer. The only way this may not be the case is if you have exceptionally good reasons for wanting to change.
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
I think that you must go to the first university.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you ask the first university nicely, they'll probably let you go. They don't want people who don't want to be there.
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
If you ask the first university nicely, they'll probably let you go. They don't want people who don't want to be there.
completly right, they would never not let you go. even if they did you could probably just drop out and go to your insurance anyway.
Me2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
thats cool.
Fairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you ask nicely they should release you as they want people to go and be happy there afterall they dont want you dropping out 5 weeks in because you hate it. If they are a little fussy then state financial reasons or something like that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (74)
48.05%
Take exams next summer (28)
18.18%
Change uni choice through clearing (34)
22.08%
Apply to uni next year instead (14)
9.09%
I'm not applying to university (4)
2.6%

Watched Threads