Vegas not detecting 980 Watch

Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Doubt anybody will be able to help, but does naybody have any idea why Sony Vegas isn't detecting my 980 when I click the "check GPU" button, it's listed in the references section, and I', 99.9% certain that it can use a 980 given a lot of reviews have Vegas render tests, I'm really not liking having to use the CPU (since it takes so long, especially now rendering at 60 instead of 30 fps, and uses rather a lot of resources, to the point I'm probably going to throw quite a hefty OC on to free up more resources for other tasks) and there will be quite a bit of rendering to do over the coming month.

Also, while at it, anybody know a HDD that can manage 1080p 60fps recording reliably. I think a WD Black should be able to manage it, but not exactly the cheapest of drive right there, even if rather reliable, especially considering I'm wanting two. I suppose such high speeds in a decent capaity won't come cheap from anywhere, but if there are any other options it would be nice to know about them.

I would rather not have to throw my old GPU back in for rendering (although I suppose I could try putting the second core to Physx) since I like having it as an ornament, and that's just more power to guzzle, and I'm assuming various things will try to flip out at there being 2 different GPUs in there, even if one is being used for output and the other for assorted accelerations.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Doubt anybody will be able to help, but does naybody have any idea why Sony Vegas isn't detecting my 980 when I click the "check GPU" button, it's listed in the references section, and I', 99.9% certain that it can use a 980 given a lot of reviews have Vegas render tests, I'm really not liking having to use the CPU (since it takes so long, especially now rendering at 60 instead of 30 fps, and uses rather a lot of resources, to the point I'm probably going to throw quite a hefty OC on to free up more resources for other tasks) and there will be quite a bit of rendering to do over the coming month.

Also, while at it, anybody know a HDD that can manage 1080p 60fps recording reliably. I think a WD Black should be able to manage it, but not exactly the cheapest of drive right there, even if rather reliable, especially considering I'm wanting two. I suppose such high speeds in a decent capaity won't come cheap from anywhere, but if there are any other options it would be nice to know about them.

I would rather not have to throw my old GPU back in for rendering (although I suppose I could try putting the second core to Physx) since I like having it as an ornament, and that's just more power to guzzle, and I'm assuming various things will try to flip out at there being 2 different GPUs in there, even if one is being used for output and the other for assorted accelerations.
Latest driver? Reinstall Vegas....or downgrade to an older driver which could work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads