Unit 5: Managing Networks M2 and D1

Watch
Nat_Griffiths
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi

I'm currently doing my first assignment for this unit which includes P1, P4, M2 and D1. Managed to type my responses for both pass criteria no problem. However, I haven't a clue where to start with M2 and D1. If anyone's done this unit, I wondered if you could give me some guidance. Is M2 basically just an extension of the description provided for P4? Do I include a statement such as the goal of fault management is to keep the network running smoothly? As for D1, would it be reasons such as the manager has more experience and it will cost less money for the company to hire someone else etc? just want to make sure I'm on the right track in order to avoid being capped at pass. Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Nat_Griffiths)
Hi

I'm currently doing my first assignment for this unit which includes P1, P4, M2 and D1. Managed to type my responses for both pass criteria no problem. However, I haven't a clue where to start with M2 and D1. If anyone's done this unit, I wondered if you could give me some guidance. Is M2 basically just an extension of the description provided for P4? Do I include a statement such as the goal of fault management is to keep the network running smoothly? As for D1, would it be reasons such as the manager has more experience and it will cost less money for the company to hire someone else etc? just want to make sure I'm on the right track in order to avoid being capped at pass. Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
I distinctioned the unit on first attempt so if you need help then PM me the specific parts or I could send it to you for guidance (provided I can find my work)

From what I've read on D1 you haven't really fulfilled anything relevant. What are the routine performance activities? > What are the goals of the specific activities (why are they done) and what happens if you don't fulfil that activity.. You will need to be a little more elaborative.. This just gives the general idea on what to do!

As for M2 it is directly related to P4 as is D1.. M2 however it is different since it wants you to talk about fault management specifically. If you have the book you should be able to find a section directly related to it "The goals are clear" - If not - You can find it here (Pg 23)

You should break the criteria down using a map or something it is what I done and I never got referred on the work that I attempted with the exclusion of Unit 10
Nat_Griffiths
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thankyou You've been a great help. I've got more of an idea of what to put now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Np
(Original post by Nat_Griffiths)
Thankyou You've been a great help. I've got more of an idea of what to put now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem.. Glad I could be of some help.

Good luck with it!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (59)
37.34%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (8)
5.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (37)
23.42%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.19%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
8.86%

Watched Threads