Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last Sunday I had to go to school (long story) half the boys turned up drinking stella at 9 in the morning carrying more in their arms... not cool, especially seen as last year one of them drunk so much he ended up having his stomach pumped and spilt boiling water down himself so he has a huge scar on his chest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Last Sunday I had to go to school (long story) half the boys turned up drinking stella at 9 in the morning carrying more in their arms... not cool, especially seen as last year one of them drunk so much he ended up having his stomach pumped and spilt boiling water down himself so he has a huge scar on his chest...
    quite a few people from my year have had their stomachs pumped. Only a select few people know this but a story which was on the front page of the evening news was actually about a guy from my year.

He's tiny only about 5ft and seriously almost died from drinking 1/3 of a bottle of vodka. He was in a park and his mates didn't really do anything to help him. Some kid found him and phoned an ambulance. He got his stomach pumped and the doctors said it was probably the worst case of alcohol poisioning they had ever seen and an hour more without medical attention and he would have probably been dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    quite a few people from my year have had their stomachs pumped.
    it's stupid though, he was only 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    it's stupid though, he was only 14
    yeah i agree it is very stupid. Everyone i know whos had it done was quite young at the time. Usually happens to people who havn't drank before or are very inexperienced.

ReputationRep:
    elllo guys
    one problemo
    me is drunk already cuz i had few shots and breezers and have not eaten anythin but a crumpet 2 day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    elllo guys
    one problemo
    me is drunk already cuz i had few shots and breezers and have not eaten anythin but a crumpet 2 day
    Thats a good thing, just think about how much money you will save, as you won't need as much to drink tonight. Whatever you don't be all matcho and try and keep up with your mates otherwise you may well end up in hospital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Thats a good thing, just think about how much money you will save, as you won't need as much to drink tonight. Whatever you don't be all matcho and try and keep up with your mates otherwise you may well end up in hospital.
    Eating nothing all day is never a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget: be considerate of your friend's mum.

a) she's letting you out to go drinking underage
    b) she's picking you up

Don't drink too much or I'm sure she won't be as willing next time. Eat dinner now. If you're a bit tiddly already I'm sure it will have worn off by the time you're ready to go out.

ReputationRep:
    and remember "be safe" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    elllo guys
    one problemo
    Go have something to eat, and some water. You don't want to get paralytic too early, or at all, really.

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe youre asking this, you should know your limit by now.

ReputationRep:
    doesnt water help alcohol to get into the bloodstream quicker???

Thats why people drink it with whisky?

ReputationRep:
    Who knows, water stops you dehydrating though, and therefore gets rid of your hangover..also, the quicker you get drunk, the better

ReputationRep:
    You should know your limit before you start going out getting drunk..thats when the trouble starts if you dont know....and anyway you dont need to drink much if at all to have fun clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Who knows, water stops you dehydrating though, and therefore gets rid of your hangover..also, the quicker you get drunk, the better
    yeh, water is great just before you go to sleep, helps the hangover the next day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fairydust)
    You should know your limit before you start going out getting drunk..thats when the trouble starts if you dont know....and anyway you dont need to drink much if at all to have fun clubbing.
    That depends on the club, I find if I am too sobour the souroundings just annoy me too much, people smoking, some of the music I don't like, the crowdedness, when I've had quite a bit to drink I simply don't care.

ReputationRep:
    water dilutes whatever you have had to drink, raising the amount of water in your blood cells and such, which means your body isn't getting as much alcohol, because of the water (I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    water dilutes whatever you have had to drink, raising the amount of water in your blood cells and such, which means your body isn't getting as much alcohol, because of the water (I think)
    that makes sense

edit: although surely you are getting the same amount of alcohol as if it wasn't diluted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    that makes sense

edit: although surely you are getting the same amount of alcohol as if it wasn't diluted
    There is a limit to the amount of fluid you can take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    although surely you are getting the same amount of alcohol as if it wasn't diluted
    Well, yes.... but.... oh, I don't know! :confused: I just know it has that effect...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.