Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What are the general questions asked?
Share as much as you want!
Toxic_Legends
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I was applying to sixth forms, I was interviewed by 3 different sixth forms and they all asked me where I had applied, why I chose their sixth form, why I want to study the subjects I have picked, what I want to do at uni and what grades I think I would get. Hope that helps 😏
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toxic_Legends)
When I was applying to sixth forms, I was interviewed by 3 different sixth forms and they all asked me where I had applied, why I chose their sixth form, why I want to study the subjects I have picked, what I want to do at uni and what grades I think I would get. Hope that helps ������
Ok, thanks.
Why is it that they ask where else you have applied?
You see, i am planning on applying to 4 colleges but right now, I've only applied to 2 and my first interview is in 2 weeks. Do i tell them which ones i am planning on applying to too?

Also, what did you take to the interview apart from your certificates?
oswalds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At my interview, which was my own school, it was very relaxed and informal. I had my interview with the head of 6th form. She already had a copy of my personal statement, and I didn't take anything with me as far as I can remember. She asked me why I had applied to that 6th form, what I did out of school, what I thought I could give to the school, if I would participate in stuff like peer mentoring, being a prefect etc, what I was thinking on doing after 6th form, and why I was interested in one of the subjects (Because it wasn't very popular in my school). She also just checked that none of my options clashed. One of my friends was asked to change hers in her interview as they clashed.
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Bump
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I went to two, one of which was my own school's sixth form.

My school one was horrid. I was an A/B student at GCSE and I wanted to take 5 subjects (dropped French so only carried 4 to exam in the end), and the woman I spoke to basically called me too stupid to take 5, and that was most of the interview. I nearly cried

The other place I went to was much nicer. I was a late applicant, and I'd asked to have a tour of the school as I'd never been before. Their head of sixth form took me around their site, explained a little bit of the history of the school, before starting the formal interview. At the start, there were a couple of issues with my options (they could no longer offer a couple of subjects I wanted to take), so a lot of it was him trying to think of other sixth forms I could apply to! He mostly just asked me about why I wanted to do the subjects I did, what I did in my spare time, how much I enjoyed my subjects, etc. I also remember us talking about Star Trek for a while? Overall, it was mostly a school-based casual chat.

Weirdly enough, I turned down the second sixth form because they didn't offer subjects I ended up not taking to AS (English Language - dropped in summer holidays for Media, and French - dropped in the first couple of weeks of AS because I hated the teacher). Funny how that works out.

Mostly, you just have to not worry - they just want to get a feel for your personality and smooth out any issues in your application ahead of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads