?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Heeeeeelp!!
Project Tsukyomi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm currently self studying maths as. C1 is good and easy with practice. D1 is easy as well from I've heard. C2 is hardest out of those three again from I've heard and its quite true as everyone seems to agree.
albany-geography
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my opinion C2 is the hardest!
29Bilal96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you go wrong in D1, it's easy to lose loads of marks, but if you focus and concentrate then it's pretty straightforward. So yeah, out of those I'd say C2 is the hardest
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not done D1 so can't comment. C2 is definitely harder than c1 but I wouldn't call it very hard at all. C1 was one of my favourite modules over the a level as it introduced calculus for the first time ever and helped me solidify my algebraic skills. C1 and c2 both felt like they built up your skills for a culmination in C3 and then c4 seemed almost like an intro to further maths
Jumpout
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
C2!!
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amyvietanh)
Heeeeeelp!!
How exactly will this help you

If someone says C2 is the hardest will that mean that you work harder for that

Some people find some topics harder than other topics - you will have your own set of topics that you find easy/hard

If something is not clear when you first study it - ask for help/clarification and practice lots of questions on that topic
Hannie Rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally I found D1 harder. I just couldn't get my head round it. It really showed in my grades as well because I got Bs in C1 and C2 and an E in D1

Posted from TSR Mobile
crayolaguy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
C2 is technically the hardest... but it was my best module. It's just depends on the person, there isn't a right or wrong answer.
Okkefac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in my A2s and currently learning D1.
It depends on what areas of maths you find easy/difficult.

C1 is the easiest, it's just basically A* GCSE maths and a bit more stuff, but not too difficult.
C2 is kinda like C1 but harder, most will consider this harder than D1, but it depends, C2 is just similar types of exam questions.

D1 is quite different, you don't get marks for the answer, but for how you work it out. I think it takes quite a lot of independent thinking, and being able to visualise graphs and such, as well as having to remember to exactly lay out algorithms correctly, and if you get one bit wrong you can lose a lot of marks. However the actual content is easier than C2, but in my opinion it's easier to mess up than C2, so I'd say D1 is hardest of those three (although I seem to be much better at core units than applied ones).
BBeyond
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
D1 will be the hardest if you are naturally good at maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads