Law Help! Watch

xLittleMissyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am doing some past paper questions for practice on what I have learnt so far but don't know how to answer this, can someone help?...

In April 2015 British universities will be free to admit as many students as they like. After a snap General Election in January 2015 David Cameron is returned to Downing Street in a Coalition with UKIP. Part of the new Coalition’s agreement is the phasing out of support for students who are not British nationals. The Coalition justifies this policy on the grounds that loan repayments from non-resident graduates are extremely difficult to collect. European graduates cannot be pursued through the tax system. The Coalition decides that the ‘outrageous subsidies for foreign students from the hard-pressed British taxpayer’ must end. The Minister for Higher Education pilots a bill through Parliament. The new Higher Education (Reform of Financial Support) Act 2015 removes with immediate effect all forms of support from students other than British nationals ordinarily resident in England.

a) Hamish is a pupil from Edinburgh who takes his Highers (A-Levels) in the summer. He holds an offer of a place at Exeter to read for the LLB, but is worried that without the student loan he will be unable to take the course.

b) Alexandre is a French student who has come to Exeter to study for an LLB in European Law. He is desperate to continue his studies.

Advise both Hamish and Alexandre on their rights and remedies under EU law

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.44%
No - but I will (63)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise