The Student Room Group

Response needed ASAP

During the course of my two years at my sixth form i will be doing physics, chemistry, mathematics and further. Once I have got qualifications for these subjects (at this level), i'm planning to do two additional courses at as level in business studies and accountancy- could I?
Reply 1
you could but you don't need these qualification to get into a university course in those field. Maths/further maths is more than sufficient, and you will actually put yourself at disadvantage by spending 3/4 years at sixth form
Reply 2
Original post by RinorS
During the course of my two years at my sixth form i will be doing physics, chemistry, mathematics and further. Once I have got qualifications for these subjects (at this level), i'm planning to do two additional courses at as level in business studies and accountancy- could I?

I agree with C0balt.
Reply 3
Original post by RinorS

No you get enough time to read what you want in university.
Reply 4
I think i actually be able to do so but at a cost for paying for the examinations (for these courses).
Reply 5
Original post by RinorS
I think i actually be able to do so but at a cost for paying for the examinations (for these courses).

I don't think anyone has said that you can't do this - the exam regulations certainly allow it - what people are doubting is whether it is a good idea.
Reply 6
Original post by C0balt
you could but you don't need these qualification to get into a university course in those field. Maths/further maths is more than sufficient, and you will actually put yourself at disadvantage by spending 3/4 years at sixth form

I see. I just contemplated the idea of accountancy especially because it's a career known to be rewarding with not too much complexity and with hours of research, Iv'e noticed that the career that i want to take a degree in involving science (chemical/mechanical engineering) is much harder to obtain (i find) and the salary does not reflect the toughness of the acquirement of the skills needed. Thanks.
Reply 7
Original post by Compost
I don't think anyone has said that you can't do this - the exam regulations certainly allow it - what people are doubting is whether it is a good idea.

I see. Now that i know that a qualification in maths at as level is more than sufficient enough to study accountancy, i will not go ahead with my initial plan :biggrin:. (Appreciate the response).

Quick Reply

Latest