Response needed ASAP Watch

RinorS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
During the course of my two years at my sixth form i will be doing physics, chemistry, mathematics and further. Once I have got qualifications for these subjects (at this level), i'm planning to do two additional courses at as level in business studies and accountancy- could I?
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you could but you don't need these qualification to get into a university course in those field. Maths/further maths is more than sufficient, and you will actually put yourself at disadvantage by spending 3/4 years at sixth form
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RinorS)
During the course of my two years at my sixth form i will be doing physics, chemistry, mathematics and further. Once I have got qualifications for these subjects (at this level), i'm planning to do two additional courses at as level in business studies and accountancy- could I?
I agree with C0balt.
kumon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No you get enough time to read what you want in university.
RinorS
Rep:
?
I think i actually be able to do so but at a cost for paying for the examinations (for these courses).
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think i actually be able to do so but at a cost for paying for the examinations (for these courses).
I don't think anyone has said that you can't do this - the exam regulations certainly allow it - what people are doubting is whether it is a good idea.
RinorS
Rep:
?
(Original post by C0balt)
you could but you don't need these qualification to get into a university course in those field. Maths/further maths is more than sufficient, and you will actually put yourself at disadvantage by spending 3/4 years at sixth form
I see. I just contemplated the idea of accountancy especially because it's a career known to be rewarding with not too much complexity and with hours of research, Iv'e noticed that the career that i want to take a degree in involving science (chemical/mechanical engineering) is much harder to obtain (i find) and the salary does not reflect the toughness of the acquirement of the skills needed. Thanks.
RinorS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
I don't think anyone has said that you can't do this - the exam regulations certainly allow it - what people are doubting is whether it is a good idea.
I see. Now that i know that a qualification in maths at as level is more than sufficient enough to study accountancy, i will not go ahead with my initial plan . (Appreciate the response).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads