Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No i'm the only one from my school going!

ReputationRep:
    So relieved I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wont know anyone either I think there might be quite a few people like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGT)
    I've applied to the CLC but not through my school so I won't know anyone there. Do you think going on my own will make the experience much less enjoyable?
    Definitely not! We only accept a maximum of 2 students from each individual school/sixth form so almost everyone doesn't know other people going.

When I went on Conference as a Year 12 student in 2013, I applied on my own and so was in your position - it was fine. It's almost like when you actually start uni, as in having to meet and mix with new people.

A lot of people stay in touch with the people they meet over the four days. Please look to the video on our website (on our homepage towards the bottom) for a video of a student's perspective of the conference - hopefully it will assuage your fears!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kthompson)
    I wont know anyone either I think there might be quite a few people like that.
    Yes, you're exactly right. We only accept a maximum of two pupils per individual school/sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chen07)
    Anyone know how the waiting list system works? I applied the first day applications are opened but still someone in my school managed to get ahead of me. I have just received an email earlier on today saying that I'm now on the reserved list; does that basically mean I'm not going to get in?

(ps I'm really interested in the program lot of my seniors have been there and said it's a wonderful experience)
    Our waiting list operates as a back up in case any successful applicant drops out. If a place becomes available, and you are sufficiently high on the list, you will be emailed and told how to pay etc.

With regards to your application, applications aredealt with on a first come, first serve basis and we cannot guarantee to accept more than two students per school - perhaps you were not the first person to apply from your school to submit the form. Now you are on the waiting list, a place may become available that you can fill but, if this is the case, you will be contacted.

I'm sorry this is all the help I can give you!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, one more thing, please search us out on Twitter and Facebook, if you haven't already, where you'll find useful information and any updates as we get closer to the Conference.

On both sites, please use the hashtag #CSFLC to generate some discussion/chat before, during and after the Conference!

ReputationRep:
    got confirmation of a place, lets hope my sixth form allows me to go :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bd17)
    got confirmation of a place, lets hope my sixth form allows me to go :/
    Let's hope so! But please try and find out as soon as possible and then let us know if you have to drop out - then we can allocate your place to someone on our waiting list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only one from my school going! Is there a meet up being arranged? That would be good as it seems most people are the only ones from their school going, if not someone should definitely make one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSFLC)
    Guys, one more thing, please search us out on Twitter and Facebook, if you haven't already, where you'll find useful information and any updates as we get closer to the Conference.

On both sites, please use the hashtag #CSFLC to generate some discussion/chat before, during and after the Conference!
    Hi there,

I made the payment for the conference last Wednesday. What should I expect now? Also, do I get to choose a college?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an email to confirm payment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email confirming my place! I had already been rejected so somebody must have dropped out? So excited now!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else here been allocated their place at Peterhouse?

ReputationRep:
    I was allocated Jesus college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, unfortunately I found out about the conference too late so didn't have a chance to apply, but I just wanted to ask some general questions since you've offered to help.
    First if all, what are the entry requirements for the course and is there anything specific that you have to do in order to have a better chance of acceptance? Also what kind of teaching do you have and what does the course entail?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGT)
    I was allocated Jesus college

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stayed in Jesus last year, chapel court accommodation is genuinely like staying in a hotel, you're going to have a great time, wish I could be going back 😭😫 enjoy it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello Guys,

As it's almost the end of Feb is there still a chance for me to get admitted to the program if I'm on the waiting list?

Really hoping to get in...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been allocated in St Catherine's college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacunicorn)
    Has anyone been allocated in St Catherine's college?
    I've been allocated St Catherine's College

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.