Medicine GCSE results Watch

robertfitzgerald
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I really want to study medicine at university and I have been doing a lot of research on it, but look at threads on here people are saying how they got like 500 A*s at GCSE and they're worried that their results aren't good enough! Well I got an A*, 6 As and 6Bs, Im currently doing AS levels in Biology, Chemistry,Philosophy+Ethics (religious studies) and music with A predictions in all of them. Do you think my GCSE results make it unlikely to get accepted and I'm just wasting my time?
Also, when I look on uni websites they don't say anything about GCSE results....
Matriix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You'll be fine. The only uni's you won't be able to apply to are GCSE heavy uni's such as Oxbridge, Birmingham, Cardiff, etc.
robertfitzgerald
Rep:
?
Thank you! Do you know what uni's I would be able to apply for? Im not think of Cambridge or Oxford, but I had thought about Bristol and Cardiff......
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by robertfitzgerald)
Thank you! Do you know what uni's I would be able to apply for? Im not think of Cambridge or Oxford, but I had thought about Bristol and Cardiff......
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...E_Requirements

You're going to need to do your own research. It's all here, you just have to look for it.
Matriix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Check with individual university websites and the TSR Wiki (although some info on there is a bit out of date). Off the top of my head, I think Cardiff wouldn't be a good choice as they want quite a few A*'s. Bristol I believe would be okay.

I have relatively low GCSE's (compared to others on here) - 6A's 2B's 3C's and I've applied to Exeter, Manchester, Queen Mary and Plymouth.

Don't worry too much about it. Focus on your AS and then do the UKCAT at the end of August. Once you've got your AS and UKCAT results, you'll have a better idea of where to apply.
robertfitzgerald
Rep:
?
Brilliant thank you so much, good luck too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads