Caligula One of History's Most Sadistic Emperors [FULL DOCUMENTARY] Watch

JACKIEKENNEDY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

SMH AT THIS SICK MOTHERF*CKER. I HOPE HE IS BURNING IN HELL WHERE HE BELONGS.
darzenalblex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep, cos in ancient times, they believed in humanity, human rights and universal compassion lolololol...

He was bad by our standards only.
JACKIEKENNEDY
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by darzenalblex)
Yep, cos in ancient times, they believed in humanity, human rights and universal compassion lolololol...

He was bad by our standards only.
he raped people, practised sadism,f*cked his sister and killed a lot of people. how is that not bad.

here is a film about him
darzenalblex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
because that was the norm of that era......

i don't see the point of discussing this....as a history student I believe you're being ignorant....
veni_vidi_vasi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I watched this other documentary where they put his actions into context. By "walking on water" by lining up a row of ships in the Bay of Naples and by naming Incitatus his consul, he was attempting to shame the senators. People told him that he wouldn't be able to cross the Bay of Naples... so he did. The consuls weren't doing a good job - he insults them by proclaiming that a horse could do better.

I'm not excusing some of his depravities, but there's more than one view to these things. Couldn't you say that Caligula was trying to avoid the bloodbath and the many people killed during the years of the Republic's end, with Sulla and the Triumvirate?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads