Sixth Form Watch

burningred
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I'm picking my A Level options and I've found a college that does a course I can't do where I am. The problem is it's really far away from home, so I'd have to move. The college is near my aunt's so I could live with her, or the college does have near by accommodation. I was wondering if it's worth moving, or if I should just stay at home?

Thanks
Nymthae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by burningred)
Hi,

I'm picking my A Level options and I've found a college that does a course I can't do where I am. The problem is it's really far away from home, so I'd have to move. The college is near my aunt's so I could live with her, or the college does have near by accommodation. I was wondering if it's worth moving, or if I should just stay at home?

Thanks
It's up to you as to whether it's worth it. Will it make a difference to what you can, or want to do after, or is it simply just because it's of interest but not necessarily that useful/required. If it's the latter then it really is a personal decision, I probably wouldn't be that bothered myself unless there are no other alternatives I would enjoy doing.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it just one course that you can't do? What about the other 3? (assuming you're choosing four). Is it needed for the degree you may want to pursue? I think it's a hassle moving just for college but it depends

Posted from TSR Mobile
burningred
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'd like to write for a living. If I were to stay where I am, I would be studying:

English Lit/Philosophy and Ethics/ICT/History

However, I'm not sure about History. The college I found offers Creative Writing, which I would love to do and can't find it offered anywhere near me. I'd like to study English Lit/Philosophy at Durham, and would love to be an author.
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd like to write for a living. If I were to stay where I am, I would be studying:

English Lit/Philosophy and Ethics/ICT/History

However, I'm not sure about History. The college I found offers Creative Writing, which I would love to do and can't find it offered anywhere near me. I'd like to study English Lit/Philosophy at Durham, and would love to be an author.
Wow, I want to be an author too one day!!! But my main career path is an optometrist and maybe after that I start writing.
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Thanks
What did you think of the open days and compare with your other choices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.72%
No - but I will (82)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (510)
47.62%

Watched Threads