Looking to do a HND - can I get the Career Development Loan? Watch

chokolat2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone.

I am looking to do a HND in Sports Science, and as I am a mature student the most suitable option is via distance learning. I don't mind this as much as can work around my other commitments.
I was just wondering if anyone has ever applied for the Career Development Loan from the bank for a distance learning course and has been accepted?

I already have an undergraduate degree, so cannot get Student finance loan , and can't afford to pay university prices today :-(, the HND is not that bad only £3500.

Many thanks
josh_v
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chokolat2)
Hi everyone.

I am looking to do a HND in Sports Science, and as I am a mature student the most suitable option is via distance learning. I don't mind this as much as can work around my other commitments.
I was just wondering if anyone has ever applied for the Career Development Loan from the bank for a distance learning course and has been accepted?

I already have an undergraduate degree, so cannot get Student finance loan , and can't afford to pay university prices today :-(, the HND is not that bad only £3500.

Many thanks
Ive just got my CDL. To find out if you're eligible is straight forward. Just call 0800 100 900 which is the National Careers Service. If you tell them the course details, they will tell you if you are eligible for a CDL.

Only Barclays or Co-Op offer a CDL. In my experience, having applied to both, Co-Op were significantly better. Much more straight forward and much more willing to help.

Although I feel like you could probably find an MSc for not too much more than £3500 depending on which unis you wanted to go to.
chokolat2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

Thanks for your response.

Yes i did look into doing a MSc butas my degree is in a different subject, i dont really fit the critea what i want to do now at MSc level.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chokolat2)
Hi everyone.

Many thanks
The Career Development loan is only for courses that student finance don't ordinarily fund, so mostly postgraduate ones. You can't get a CDL for an HND.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed