manual handling at argos ?? Watch

Ellzabellza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
im doing an online argos quiz and the question is "what will a TRACKER coach do if they observe you using incorrect manual handling techniques?" and i have to put the following statements in true or false.
1)tell your manager
2)stop you
3)demonstrate correct technique
4)Let you carry on
5)ask you to demonstrate he correct way back to him/her

i really need help because i've tried almost everything and i cant seem to get it right
nohomo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apparently catalogue shop work is.the.best kind for a.chat at.work.
white boy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i vote number 5
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It would and should be

1) False because that's not a major issue to bother the manager unless you'd injure yourself
2) Could be false
3) True and it should do so
4) False as it should not let you to proceed as it would be inappropriate from their point of view
5) I believe it's true

Ashley Crystal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
It would and should be

1) False because that's not a major issue to bother the manager unless you'd injure yourself
2) Could be false
3) True and it should do so
4) False as it should not let you to proceed as it would be inappropriate from their point of view
5) I believe it's true

I was wondering if you knew the answer to these two questions:

Which of the following actions should you be carrying out at the till to make sure you comply? (More than one answer)
Reporting number of bags sold
Telling the customer about the charge
Placing the order for a carrier bag at the till
Giving the customer a carrier bag.

Which of the following actions should you be carrying out at the collection to make sure you comply? (More than one answer)
Providing amount of bags requested on the receipt
Checking the receipt for carrier bag purchases
Reporting the number of bags sold
Providing bags when the customer asks.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ashley Crystal)
I was wondering if you knew the answer to these two questions:

Which of the following actions should you be carrying out at the till to make sure you comply? (More than one answer)
Reporting number of bags sold
Giving the customer a carrier bag.

Which of the following actions should you be carrying out at the collection to make sure you comply? (More than one answer)
Providing amount of bags requested on the receipt
Providing bags when the customer asks.
Hey, sorry I do not work and never did at Argos but thinking logically, you would be expected to inform the customer about the bag charge because nobody likes hidden charges Plus, placing the order for a carrier bag at the till at the time of the purchase. I'm not sure if you need to tell anyone how many carrier bags you've sold and it would be a bit rude to give the carrier bag straight away for customer to pack his own purchases

As for 2nd one, the first and second statements are similar but worded differently, so I'd probably go with both of them plus the last one with providing bags when the customer asks for such.
Ashley Crystal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you know the answer to these two questions as well:

Giving. The customer a carrier bag

Which of the following actions should you be carrying out at the collection to make sure you comply? (more than one answer)
Providing the amount of bags requested on the receipt
Providing bags when the customer asks
bishle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you know the answer to these two questions as well:

Giving. The customer a carrier bag

Which of the following actions should you be carrying out at the collection to make sure you comply? (more than one answer)
Providing the amount of bags requested on the receipt
Providing bags when the customer asks
1st question seems ridiculous, I work at Argos and you don't have to offer a bag unless you're serving on collection or if the customer enquires about one. It's definitely not D, but A,B,C can all work. As for the 2nd question I would say A,B and D, but again this is a stupid question because there's a till on most collection points where you can easily report number of bags sold. I hate opendoor, it sucks. In conclusion, 1) A, B, C 2) A. B, D. If you get stuck just message
Ashley Crystal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bishle)
1st question seems ridiculous, I work at Argos and you don't have to offer a bag unless you're serving on collection or if the customer enquires about one. It's definitely not D, but A,B,C can all work. As for the 2nd question I would say A,B and D, but again this is a stupid question because there's a till on most collection points where you can easily report number of bags sold. I hate opendoor, it sucks. In conclusion, 1) A, B, C 2) A. B, D. If you get stuck just message
Awww thanks so much for the reply, but I've already managed to complete all the questions. It was the most difficult thing ever but I was able to finally complete it. Thanks for your help though I hate opendoors.
bishle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Awww thanks so much for the reply, but I've already managed to complete all the questions. It was the most difficult thing ever but I was able to finally complete it. Thanks for your help though I hate opendoors.
It's so disgusting, literally the worst thing about the job! Which store you working in?
Ashley Crystal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh I don't want to say... I want to remain anonymous. But it's in London. I hate it though, I want to quit because I'm working in the stockroom and I hate carrying heavy ****. I wish I was on the tills.
bishle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hahahah! I'm complete opposite, I don't like the tills and love the stockroom! Will they not let you swap positions? Seems a bit weird of them to not allow you to go on tills :/
Ashley Crystal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bishle)
Hahahah! I'm complete opposite, I don't like the tills and love the stockroom! Will they not let you swap positions? Seems a bit weird of them to not allow you to go on tills :/
Its because i'm the only girl in the back and I hate it because I get so sweaty and some of the things are really heavy! When i first started they said they've decided that they're gonna keep me in the back when they could clearly see from my facial expression that I didn't want to be there.
bishle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's dumb, and yeah I agree with you that the stuff you have to lift is very heavy, I don't understand why they wouldn't let you switch, I suppose if you show willing and hit targets they'll put you on the till more, but I don't know, maybe your managers think differently to mine D:
Alyas jak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Stop you true...tell your manager false....demonstrate true....let you carry on false.....ask you to demonstrate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise