Accepting a graduate offer to reject it later? Watch

AcceptOrReject
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have a graduate offer (start date September 2015) that expires in a few days. I have tried to ask for a longer extension but they've declined. There are a couple of other places that I'd rather work for, but I'm still early in the application process for those other places.

Is it acceptable to just accept this offer and then if I get somewhere else, tell the original place that I'm no longer interested? The contract says I need to give a month's notice to leave, but does anybody know if this also applies before you've even started?

I'd probably be willing to reject this offer and hedge my bets on other places, but it seems silly to not accept it as a back up since I wouldn't mind working there, it's just not my first choice.
Olderandwiser23
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I'd accept and reject later.
Smack
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AcceptOrReject)
I have a graduate offer (start date September 2015) that expires in a few days. I have tried to ask for a longer extension but they've declined. There are a couple of other places that I'd rather work for, but I'm still early in the application process for those other places.

Is it acceptable to just accept this offer and then if I get somewhere else, tell the original place that I'm no longer interested? The contract says I need to give a month's notice to leave, but does anybody know if this also applies before you've even started?

I'd probably be willing to reject this offer and hedge my bets on other places, but it seems silly to not accept it as a back up since I wouldn't mind working there, it's just not my first choice.
Accept now and reject later if you receive a better offer. Your month's notice applies as soon as you sign the contract I believe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads