People of the Islamic faith refusing to wear poppies? Watch

Catholic_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I notice this quite considerably. People who follow Islam continually refuse to ever wear the poppy, the same with quite a lot of atheists.

As a Catholic it is no surprise to be honest, it has only confirmed what I have realized all my life about the Islamic faith in general. Islam has consistently been hostile to Christianity and has shown a great determination to Islamize Christian values.

Don't expect to see anybody who follows Islam to wear a poppy, because their culture relys on them to be hostile to everything about the nations they occupy, and use the peoples tolerance against them to push their own culture down their throats.

It's just another inclination of the feeling Islam has toward others, even though without those people Muslims wouldn't be here/have the privileges they're handed today. It's almost like it hurts their pride to show sentiment to anybody else except for their own culture and faith.

I think Muslims would be more hostile to another Muslim wearing a poppy than somebody setting a poppy alight.
Roshany
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i wear poppies as do a lot of my muslim friends
username1456920
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm muslim I wear a poppy. Never have I had someone confronted Muslim or not about it.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
many brave Muslims gave their lives fighting for the Allies in both World Wars. why should their descendants not be proud to wear the Poppy ?
Cerdic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've never noticed this in Muslims I know, nor have I noticed it in Atheists I know :confused:
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Boring, boring post.
stickstickstick
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow, is it hard to remain so hostile to anyone that doesn't follow the same religion as you?
Of course Muslims wear poppies, as do Atheists. And of course, some Muslims and Atheists don't wear poppies.
Just like - shock horror - some CHRISTIANS don't wear poppies.
It's a personal choice.
(And people forget sometimes).

Stop trying to turn remembrance for the fallen into your own personal hate campaign.
Badshah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stupid thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads