GCSE Changes Explanation Needed Watch

Azzer11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My brother is in year 9 and will be starting his GCSEs next year and sit the exams in two years time. It's rather confusing how all these changes to implement the Gove GCSEs are taking place. I understand that Maths will be first to change with English and so on. So my question is in which subjects will these changes affect him, will it be just in Maths and English while the other subjects remain unchanged or something else? Does this also mean that he may get a numerical grade in say Maths (e.g. Grade 7) but an alphabetical grade in something like Geography (e.g. Grade A/A*)? Can someone clear things up a little please? Thanks
Azzer11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone?
:bump:
tryrevise
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, that's how it will be as he is the first year the first cohort will have a mixture of number and letter grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Azzer11)
My brother is in year 9 and will be starting his GCSEs next year and sit the exams in two years time. It's rather confusing how all these changes to implement the Gove GCSEs are taking place. I understand that Maths will be first to change with English and so on. So my question is in which subjects will these changes affect him, will it be just in Maths and English while the other subjects remain unchanged or something else? Does this also mean that he may get a numerical grade in say Maths (e.g. Grade 7) but an alphabetical grade in something like Geography (e.g. Grade A/A*)? Can someone clear things up a little please? Thanks
Yes, he will be on the new GCSEs with the new numerical grades for Maths and English but the old system for other GCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads