How do I get closer to current friends? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have no friends other than people at work. The problem is, people at work have their own friend circles outside of work, which is who they go out with.

I have no friend group thus sit at home all day.

Is it possible for me to get into one of their friend groups or should I just be happy with no friends?
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's cliche but Meetup.com seems to be thrown about a lot, why not see if anything is happening of interest in your area. If you ask me, trying to infiltrate an outside friend group would scream "serial killer" to me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by somemightsay888)
It's cliche but Meetup.com seems to be thrown about a lot, why not see if anything is happening of interest in your area. If you ask me, trying to infiltrate an outside friend group would scream "serial killer" to me.
I have looked on Meetup but there is nothing really that interests me- it's all stuff like '30s & 40s Singles' or 'New Mums meetup' or 'Ramblers club'.

There is one club that I am thinking of joining but it will cost about £70 a week which is pretty expensive :/
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have looked on Meetup but there is nothing really that interests me- it's all stuff like '30s & 40s Singles' or 'New Mums meetup' or 'Ramblers club'.

There is one club that I am thinking of joining but it will cost about £70 a week which is pretty expensive :/
Jesus Christ, what club costs that ?!?

Anything else in your area you know of? What are you interested in
Anonymous #1
(Original post by somemightsay888)
Jesus Christ, what club costs that ?!?

Anything else in your area you know of? What are you interested in
Gliding club. I want to learn to fly and gliding is the cheapest out of all of the possibilities, yet it's still quite expensive.

Nothing much else I am interested in. I just want friends that I can go out with like in general- pub, nights out, days out etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads