How are you assessed in a Psychology (BCs) course? (Approximately) Watch

Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I couldn't find good statistics on how the Psychology work is assessed. I know that coursework, presentations, or practical work may be involved, but what are the most likely things that I will be assessed by? E.g. 60% Coursework, 40% debate, etc.

Much appreciated.
Bjcross
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Davalla)
I couldn't find good statistics on how the Psychology work is assessed. I know that coursework, presentations, or practical work may be involved, but what are the most likely things that I will be assessed by? E.g. 60% Coursework, 40% debate, etc.

Much appreciated.
It varies from university to university but my assessments have been lab reports, essays, research critiques, exams xx
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Varies alot. Also varies depending on which year you are in. 3rd year dissertation will take up a sizable amount of marks (10-30% usually) then exams.First year multiple choice questions can occur at some unis. I personally just did 80% exams (all essay based) and 25% dissertations/coursework in my second & third year.
Davalla
Rep:
?
Out of curiosity; did you have to experience any presentations, I.e.- having to personally present something in front of audience?
iammichealjackson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Out of curiosity; did you have to experience any presentations, I.e.- having to personally present something in front of audience?
I havent had any assessed ones, but I know other people from others unis who had ones. At masters level i have presentations....
Davalla
Rep:
?
(Original post by iammichealjackson)
I havent had any assessed ones, but I know other people from others unis who had ones. At masters level i have presentations....
Brilliant. Would you agree that the subject gets relatively 'immature' as it progresses? I.e- a lot of people have told me that they had to do a lot of posters for their Psychology PhD,etc, so have you noticed that it goes backwards the higher the level, I.e becoming less lenient over time?

Much appreciated.
iammichealjackson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Brilliant. Would you agree that the subject gets relatively 'immature' as it progresses? I.e- a lot of people have told me that they had to do a lot of posters for their Psychology PhD,etc, so have you noticed that it goes backwards the higher the level, I.e becoming less lenient over time?

Much appreciated.
I wouldn't really put it that way. You couldn't write a third year dissertation in first year as you simply don't have the skills. Presentation and poster skills are essential skills for lecturers (which a PhD is aimed at training you for) as well as in business. If anything it gets a lot harder as you progress....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads