Turn on thread page Beta

Do u stay in contact with ur old school friends? watch

ReputationRep:
    ok i left my 6th form last may and the majority of my mates went to uni or dance school.
    i saw a few of them last nite and they came across as real butchy towards me! i dont no whether i was expected it or not but it does make me wonder, the longer u stay away from ur friends does it become more and more awkward and *****y between u?
    please write bk i want to know other peoples views on this finding i made last night!
    cheers
    Nat xx

ReputationRep:
    Nope I am not in contact with any of my old school friends whats so ever.

ReputationRep:
    Some I see at parties and say hi, but not purposefully stay in contact.

ReputationRep:
    i hope i do as otherwise i'd have no friends during uni holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Some I see at parties and say hi, but not purposefully stay in contact.
    how come so many people not stay in contact with old mates? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really keep in touch with friends from primary school, not even one boy that I'd been friends with since I was born practically...

Of my current school I'll probably stay in touch with only one or two...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, we all keep in touch.

ReputationRep:
    I talk to my close friends from back home on MSN messenger all the time. At easter i saw most of my other old friends. It was so good seeing them all and finding out how they are getting on

ReputationRep:
    I'm having problems with staying happy with my friends back home. It seems like they haven't grown up from 6th form and still squable about the same old things. Plus the majority are becoming immensely boring. They also seem slightly intimidated by the people who went away to university.

Talk about 'zzzz'.

Adam

PS - Nice thread, hardly many decent ones around these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    how come so many people not stay in contact with old mates? :confused:
    Well I never really fit in in my school, so although I had some good mates there, I've moved on and found a new crowd with whom I am much happier. They all seem to have done the same. I get on with them fine when I do see them, I just don't see them all that often.

ReputationRep:
    Fat chance! I'm in contact with about 3 of them, all through friends reunited, it's quite nice actually.

x

ReputationRep:
    I keep in contact with neally all my friends from primary, they're cool, i usually turn to them when i'm in trouble, but i have a feeling that when i leave sixth form i'm only going to keep in touch with maybe 2 of them, the others have seemed to have changed so much

ReputationRep:
    I probably still know my close friends from back home better that my uni friends, although this may well be different at the end of next year, because I will be moving into a house with some uni friends next year.

ReputationRep:
    if people do not hang around with mates from school, what do u do when ur not at uni?

ReputationRep:
    i keep in touch with a couple...i probably talk to them once in a couple of weeks..but thats about it, and we may go out once in a couple of months.. but i mostly hang out with my new friends

ReputationRep:
    I stay in contact with most of my school mates. We often visit each others unis and stay over for the weekend. Comes in useful for the long holidays if you know lots of the people at home as well.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a few really good mates at school that I think and hope I will keep in contact with when I leave.

ReputationRep:
    Secondary school was crap, so no. College.. did for a bit, but not anymore. Primary school.. now I do.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.