How do I get a good grade in GCSE History? Watch

ecolifishsticks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I am currently doing my GCSEs and I am studying GCSE History. I would like to know how I can get a good grade in GCSE History as I find GCSE History quite hard. I am hoping for at least an F in GCSE History and tips for GCSE History and and how to do well in GCSE History would be greatly appreciated. Also is GCSE History as hard as I think? Thanks to anyone who gives me any tips for GCSE History.

-A student currently studying GCSE History
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
pretty_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I'm currently studying Gcse history aswell but a few tips are make sure you know your facts about all topics such as the liberal reforms, suffragist and suffragettes in great detail makes life much when asked to interpret the photos or worded questions? revision is also the key.Do you know your expected grade yet?
Jenleigh22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have just finished my GCSE's and i did history. History itself can be quite hard. At the beginning of year 11 i got a G in my history mock. However in the real exam i got a B. I only got that B because of the ways i revised and how much effort i put in. To get a good grade i completed as many past paper questions as possible and emailed my teacher them or gave them him in person. This allowed me to see if i can complete the questions in the time given and it helped me to see which questions i needed to focus on and it helped me to understand what knowledge i needed to focus on. To learn the knowledge i created mindmaps with the information on, i made my mum test me on what was on the mindmap to see which information i was missing out so i would know what to focus my revision on. I also used Quizlet to view other peoples revision cards and tested myself that way. If you lose concentration quite frequently, a good way to revise is through Kahoot. That allows you to learn the information but in a fun way that doesn't even feel like you are learning.

I hope this helps, Good luck in your GCSE'S
valdokarina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ecolifishsticks)
Hello, I am currently doing my GCSEs and I am studying GCSE History. I would like to know how I can get a good grade in GCSE History as I find GCSE History quite hard. I am hoping for at least an F in GCSE History and tips for GCSE History and and how to do well in GCSE History would be greatly appreciated. Also is GCSE History as hard as I think? Thanks to anyone who gives me any tips for GCSE History.

Just finished year 11 I took history and got an A in it. I have always liked history but I saw people around me struggle, and the ones who gave up because they weren't naturally good at it didnt do well at all, so REVISE!!! Revision is key, work super hard you can do this!

History is very long so dont just revise a couple of days before an exam start early as you will remeber much more and be less stressed. I revised by doing past papers they are so helpful, make flash cards memorise them and get someone else to test you (helped so much) you can colour code things, make spider diarams on each topic (know so many people who loved this) find videos on these topics as they might explain things better than your teacher. As your teacher for help, if you are willing to learn and stay beind after lesson so are they!!

Hope this helped, good luck
csutton
Report 2 years ago

Hi, I went from a U to getting an A* in the real GCSE. I didn't have a teacher for two years, and I managed to get full marks in the coursework and the second exam. I am now doing it at A Level. I guess I'll just tell you what I did.

Basically, I would use as many resources as possible, whether it be my class notes, the CPG textbook, the exam board's textbooks, online powerpoints, history websites, etc. I would then make very detailed notes using key information from all of these resources. Why? Sometimes, I didn't understand the way my teacher had phrased a certain event, or she missed a key point which could have got me a mark in the exam. I would make sure all of my notes matched up to the specification, making sure I didn't miss anything or perhaps had irrelevant information.

After this, I would write short summaries on sticky notes (they were fairly big and I have tiny handwriting) or flash cards. I had the mentality that the smaller the bit of paper I had, the more concise and to the point I had to be. I basically shortened all of my long notes into a short summary.

Once I had this for every event, I would re-read them, highlight key points, ask myself questions on the topics, etc. And it just stuck.

Obviously history is very content heavy so the best thing you can do really is quiz yourself and just go over and over events.

P.S I didn't remember a single year or date and I still managed to achieve an A* in AQA History. Don't bother learning all of the dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good At Things
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

Sup. It's all about the content bro. If you know everything that happened then it's easy (I'm not saying I know everything tho lol)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads