Do I have any chance of getting into Warwick University? Watch

Ai_catalia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have really bad GCSE grades and I need to know if I still have any chance of getting into Warwick. My grades were; B in maths, C in English language, B in science, D in geography, B in Art, C in further maths, D in English literature, C in science additional, C in P.E, Distinction in business and IT. I'm currently studying Accounting, Economics and 3D design Art as my three A levels. Also if you could tell me the grades I would be needing and UCAS points, that would be helpful. Thank you
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
What course do you intend to study?
Ai_catalia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magnus Taylor)
What course do you intend to study?
Something to do with Accounting. I'm also trying to get a EY scholarship along with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You have a chance, though I would suggest you contact the university as they will be able to give you the most relevant information.

For reference, however, my GCSE results were worse than yours and I received an offer from Warwick. I did have A*A*AA (or something close) predictions though, which would have helped.
Ai_catalia
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByronicHero)
You have a chance, though I would suggest you contact the university as they will be able to give you the most relevant information.

For reference, however, my GCSE results were worse than yours and I received an offer from Warwick. I did have A*A*AA (or something close) predictions though, which would have helped.

Ah ok. Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
CRW1996
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ai_catalia)
I have really bad GCSE grades and I need to know if I still have any chance of getting into Warwick. My grades were; B in maths, C in English language, B in science, D in geography, B in Art, C in further maths, D in English literature, C in science additional, C in P.E, Distinction in business and IT. I'm currently studying Accounting, Economics and 3D design Art as my three A levels. Also if you could tell me the grades I would be needing and UCAS points, that would be helpful. Thank you
What makes you so set on Warwick?
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
I am going to firm the offer from Warwick on History because it's an academic powerhouse in History
KatieCod
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What were your AS grades?
Ai_catalia
Rep:
?
(Original post by KatieCod)
What were your AS grades?
I just started college and had my first half term.. I know I might be thinking too far ahead but I just wanted to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LolaLowe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OP go to each uni you are thinking of applying to and on the page of each individual course you will see the requirements for that course. Remember though that just because you are predicted, say, A*AAB and the standard offer for a course is AAA, it does NOT guarantee you an offer! So work as hard as you can and dont doss off, ever! You are right to be thinking about this early as every year there are threads full of students who have mediocre AS grades and THEN think to check what they might need for their chosen course and are in a panic over what to do about low predicted grades. Warwick is fabulous, go for it!
Ai_catalia
Rep:
?
(Original post by LolaLowe)
OP go to each uni you are thinking of applying to and on the page of each individual course you will see the requirements for that course. Remember though that just because you are predicted, say, A*AAB and the standard offer for a course is AAA, it does NOT guarantee you an offer! So work as hard as you can and dont doss off, ever! You are right to be thinking about this early as every year there are threads full of students who have mediocre AS grades and THEN think to check what they might need for their chosen course and are in a panic over what to do about low predicted grades. Warwick is fabulous, go for it!
Thank you very much I only have 3 courses which I hope won't be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LolaLowe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you very much I only have 3 courses which I hope won't be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
not at all, it was just an example!
hum1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah me too i am doing three courses
Ai_catalia
Rep:
?
(Original post by LolaLowe)
not at all, it was just an example!
Oh ok. Thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yousf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)

Are you currently at university?
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Yousf)
Are you currently at university?
No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (543)
37.79%
No - but I will (112)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.6%

Watched Threads