Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As above
uncommonsensing
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by AlphaMolecule)
parties are like that but you have to put your head back, close your eyes, wade in to the quiet of the stream and join everyone drunk because thats what most young people like to do at parties nowadays. that's what I do

however the whole tension/conflict thing you described hasn't happened for any I've been to so I'm guessing its a rarity that just happened because of who went
That's the thing, I wouldn't mind drunkenness if it was to stop the awkwardness of people not knowing each other or simply to have fun but everyone does know each other, they just don't all like each other, and it's only when they get drunk they can actually get along and be happy. I guess I'm relieved to know that isn't typical
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Normally beach parties (not often)or house parties

Posted from TSR Mobile
asdfghjkl1234567
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't say the first part's normal, at least not for the parties I've been to. Generally everyone chats and has a good time even before they're drunk.
Conflict isn't a 'party thing'; I guess if you invite people that don't like each other something's bound to happen.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only parties I have been to are house parties. They are ok though they can get too rowdy for my liking. I would rather just chill in a flat with a few friends rather than 30 odd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by uncommonsensing)
I haven't been to many 'proper' parties, but I have been to a few, and I wondered if they were typical, hoping the answer is no.

It's always fairly awkward at first, with the group of girls and the group of boys pretty much separate
you gotta be, what, 15 or 16?

This simply doesn't happen once you reach uni age.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This idea of "people who don't like each other" is so high school. In the adult world, unless you happen to be friends with criminals/psychos etc, people just all get along.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.72%
No - but I will (100)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (621)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise