Help with civil engineering personal statement!

Watch
subo_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have written my personal statement however I am finding it hard to find a civil engineer who can give me some feedback. I would appreciate anyone in the civil engineering field to read it and tell me what I can improve. My school unfortunately predicts low so my personal statement needs to stand out. Thank you!
Swtmess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't advise you to give anyone your personal statement to read it as they can easily copy and paste it as their own. Give it to a trust-able person.
subo_
Rep:
?
I understand, do you think I can email engineering companies so they could give me feedback on my personal statement? I am really struggling content wise as to what to write even though I have finished writing it. :ahhhhh:
Swtmess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by subo_)
I understand, do you think I can email engineering companies so they could give me feedback on my personal statement? I am really struggling content wise as to what to write even though I have finished writing it. :ahhhhh:
I'm a medical student but I advise you to look at personal statements for the course you are interested in, ask around, meet students who are currently doing this course, maybe they could help.
It' also best if you can cohere your thoughts why you want to do the course in a fancy, formal manner.
It's also good to read here and there and explore the course personally which might give you more thought about your personal statement and what you should be involving to make it stand out.
subo_
Rep:
?
Oh right, well thank you for the advice. I probably would have fallen into the trap of giving my personal statement blindly to someone. I will ask around and read around the course, thanks!
yennibubs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a Civil Engineer if you have any questions. I probably won't be able to reply until late tomorrow though. PM me if you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads