3 AS Levels Watch

kat253
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
At the moment I am in year 12 and doing 4 AS Levels, I was thinking of dropping one to make it 3.
Do Russell group universities like Bristol, Leeds and Manchester like this?
Or is 4 better?
grammar12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kat253)
Hi,
At the moment I am in year 12 and doing 4 AS Levels, I was thinking of dropping one to make it 3.
Do Russell group universities like Bristol, Leeds and Manchester like this?
Or is 4 better?
It depends, most like people to have 4 but if you can do really well in 3 then they don't mind as much, if you get BBBB it isn't that impressive but if you manage AAA with the ability to go on to get an A* in one or more then it will look more impressive. Im applying to Warwick, Royal Holloway, York, UCL and Cambridge with 3 AS levels at grades AAB (the B was 2 marks from an A so I will be re-sitting one) with both of the A's near enough to get A* next year (Although I am doing a Pre-U in English so technically I am doing 4) I've got 2 offers so far so applying with 3 AS levels cannot serve you that badly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise