Why was Benjamin Buchel being loaned to conference south side? Watch

hsv
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Why was Benjamin Buchel being loaned to conference south sides? When he joined Bournemouth they were in League One so why did he get loaned to teams 3 or 4 tiers (in the case if Poole Town) below that level? Is the level of football in the third tier of Swiss football (where the Liechtenstein club USV Eschen Mauren he was signed from played at) that low or was he bought because they won the Liechtenstein Cup that season against the odds against FC Vaduz in the final and he may have contributed heavily to this achievement? Now Bournemouth are in the Championship does he not have a future at the club especially with a squad number of 37? Should he go and become 2nd or 3rd choice goalkeeper at FC Vaduz on loan or something or is Switzerland's top division too high a level for him?
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes. No. Maybe. Who? What? Eh?
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hsv)
Why was Benjamin Buchel being loaned to conference south sides? When he joined Bournemouth they were in League One so why did he get loaned to teams 3 or 4 tiers (in the case if Poole Town) below that level? Is the level of football in the third tier of Swiss football (where the Liechtenstein club USV Eschen Mauren he was signed from played at) that low or was he bought because they won the Liechtenstein Cup that season against the odds against FC Vaduz in the final and he may have contributed heavily to this achievement? Now Bournemouth are in the Championship does he not have a future at the club especially with a squad number of 37? Should he go and become 2nd or 3rd choice goalkeeper at FC Vaduz on loan or something or is Switzerland's top division too high a level for him?
The lower leagues in England are of a higher standard than the main domestic leagues in quite a few European countries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads