Rail workers are being sprayed by human urine and faeces from passing trains Watch

spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
See here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25430657

A Network Rail worker said staff were "genuinely concerned" about excrement, urine and sanitary towels on the tracks.

Network Rail accepted that train toilets which emptied on the track were "outdated and unpleasant" for track workers.
In this case, why are we still dumping toilet waste directly on to the rail tracks? We're in 2014 now, now 1914!
nohomo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spotify95)

In this case, why are we still dumping toilet waste directly on to the rail tracks? We're in 2014 now, now 1914!
That's why you have to study at uni now to work on train lines. You get experience of writing a faeces and taking a toilet paper.
spotify95
Rep:
?
(Original post by nohomo)
That's why you have to study at uni now to work on train lines. You get experience of writing a faeces and taking a toilet paper.
Trust me, I'm going to uni and afterwards I certainly wouldn't want to work on the tracks, especially if I know that I will be sprayed by human urine and faeces!

I have had a look at Wellingborough and Leicester stations (on the Midland Mainline) and from the platform, it can be seen that both stations are starting to get littered with faeces!

Now, I wonder.... could it be these old things that are responsible? :rolleyes:
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
loled.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
those old familiar faeces...
spotify95
Rep:
?
Yes, they're all too familiar...

Back on topic, on the way to university today, I travelled in a Class 43, and it clearly stated not to use the toilets in a station.

Also, I have just found a quote from another user, on a different forum:

In the middle of a conversation with someone at Newark Northgate, an HST speeds past. Its odd feeling a fine spray on your face as the train passes! Just hoping it was condensation
Source: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92520

In terms of the fine spray.... I highly doubt that it was condensation - unless it had been raining and the tracks were wet it's more than likely that the spray was human urine, or some other contents, from one of the toilets! :eek:

In my opinion, anything that doesn't have some sort of tank (to contain the waste) should be fitted with tanks, or disposed of in favour of something that doesn't dump human urine and faeces onto the track.
TobiasAZT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

And now we are in 2015. Yet no progress whatsoever?
MAINE.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Lol imagine if the film the Railway Children was set in today's times....it would be just like '2 Girls 1 Cup' - excrement and urine splattered all over the kids faces :lol:
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Railway workers have been so many places and seen so many faeces...
spotify95
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by TobiasAZT)
And now we are in 2015. Yet no progress whatsoever?
Tbh I haven't noticed whether there have been improvements in my area, but I do know that East Mids Trains still uses the same trains that they used 2 years ago.

So, that means if they were dumping excrement onto the tracks then, they're still doing it now.
spotify95
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by MAINE.)
Lol imagine if the film the Railway Children was set in today's times....it would be just like '2 Girls 1 Cup' - excrement and urine splattered all over the kids faces :lol:
Or even worse - since today's trains go much faster than when The Railway Children was made, the urine/excrement would probably get turned into a fine mist, which they'd end up breathing in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads