Anyone applying for construction management? Watch

mhorton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Applying for construction management at Reading, Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Oxford Brookes and Nottingham Trent. Haven't heard of anyone who is also applying for this course?
bevs123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've applied for construction management at nottingham trent, south wales and bristol uwe and construction engineering management in loughborough and portsmouth. I've had 4 offers so far, how about you?
mhorton
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by bevs123)
I've applied for construction management at nottingham trent, south wales and bristol uwe and construction engineering management in loughborough and portsmouth. I've had 4 offers so far, how about you?
Ah right cool, I've had 4 offers now! Which ones likely to be your firm?
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ahh thats good! Loughborough if I get an offer from them but havn't heard yet. What about you? What sort of offers have you had?
xxjenkemjakexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hVe applied for reading, Oxford brooks and ADEM at loughborough! Got an offer from loughborough so far! Tbh I like the lookof reading the most, what's everyone else thinking?
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
reading does seem quite good tbf! have you got an interview for Loughborough for ADEM or just a straight offer?
xxjenkemjakexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No I just got an unconditional off for loughborough! But think construction management at reading looks better, just not keen on loughborough as a place
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow well done! You must have good grades! fair enough readings just too close to London for me and loughborough's comparatively small
xxjenkemjakexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got AAA yeah it is close to london, depends if you think that's a bad thing, loughborough is huge compared to reading??
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
impressive!! what are they in? ye I guess things might be more expensive there? ow right, this is why im probably failing geography :P
xxjenkemjakexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Chem, bio and maths..fun! Tbh I think loughborough looks way to sporty for me, need to go see it first tho!
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
VERY impressive!! I do maths geography welsh bac and physics. Im not sporty really but it seems like a nice place and its got sponsorships....
xxjenkemjakexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They are pretty good a levels for the career, have you always wanted to go into construction? Yeah it does seem nice and getting sponsorship would be soo good!!
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ye they aren't bad at all! ye originally wanted to be a quantity surveyor but don't want to be stuck in an office. wbu? ye a guaranteed job would be great!
xxjenkemjakexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm currently a trainee quantity surveyor and I know I don't want to do that anymore so think construction management would be better, way better to be out on site doing stuff not just fiddling with numbers on a computer!
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh right do you not get out of the office at all with your job? ye that's my thinking as well! Did wonder about civil engineering but just didn't fancy the work!
xxjenkemjakexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do but mostly just tedious work on spreadsheets! Funny as I did civil engineering at uni last year and ended up dropping out as I didn't like it! Just hope contraction management is right for me!
ruperts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You'll probably find that your Construction Management course shares at least 70% of modules with Quantity Surveyors, likely most if not all of the 1st and 2nd years and some of the 3rd.

In the real world QS is more office based than CM, but it's not always the case, some QS' are based on site while some CM's are almost purely office based. Depends on the specific role.

Just something to consider
bevs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh right not much fun then! ye best of luck with that

Thanks for the info ruperts! do you do construction management? As long as there's some management it should suit me!
Randal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys, could you give me an advice/help?
I am an international student, coming to UK for a masters in Project Management (Construction).Which University is better? Reading University, Brookes or UCL? Apart to UCL that I am still waiting for a response, the other 2 gave me an offer.
Each ranking says different things, I want to have a personal opinion from you.Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads