The Student Room Group

Sould Sharia law be tolerated in the UK??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Rakas21
To be fair things like payments for children and splitting assets are quite reasonable.

With that being said i will be paying an accountant to work his magic so that if the future wife tries taking more then she'll get nothing.

Still bro 50/50 in British law will happen you can't escape it once your married. Islamic is pure and just religion which is why its restriction on sex before marriage or adultery
Reply 61
Original post by The_Internet
Well that and the profit rates of IBB (Al Rayan bank tomorrow) and BLME aren't too bad :biggrin:

but come on it's a pure religion and the most sex restrictive religion man you can't even have a girlfriend, thats how pure it is :frown:
Reply 62
Original post by Chindits
Anything Islamic should be resisted with all our might because if you give them an inch, they want a mile.

Won't be long before they want an autonomous Muslim state within Birmingham.

Birmingham has lots of Muslims? What other UK cities are Muslims large in numbers in?
Original post by ubi1
Still bro 50/50 in British law will happen you can't escape it once your married. Islamic is pure and just religion which is why its restriction on sex before marriage or adultery

Easily done through the wonders of accounting. If you really want to screw your wife then there are a number of ways to do so.

Islam harps back to a past set of cultural values that are long gone.
Original post by Groot
Birmingham has lots of Muslims? What other UK cities are Muslims large in numbers in?

Bradford is around 25% Muslim.
Original post by ubi1
but come on it's a pure religion and the most sex restrictive religion man you can't even have a girlfriend, thats how pure it is :frown:

This is why I said that the ONLY thing that works in the UK with regards to shariah, is sharia finance
Reply 66
Original post by Rakas21
Easily done through the wonders of accounting. If you really want to screw your wife then there are a number of ways to do so.

Islam harps back to a past set of cultural values that are long gone.

which one if fair and just?

In the unfortunate circumstances where a married couple go through a divorce there are two ways from my understanding:

Western Divorce
Wife gets half assets e.g. house, monies, pension, etc
Wife gets alimony, e.g. financial support from ex-husband
Wife normally gets custody of children
Children get child support from father

Islamic Talaaq
Wife gets nothing from husbands assets, e.g. house, monies, etc.
(Wife still has ownership of all of her property).
Wife gets no alimony, only the mahr from the nikaah
Custody of children under 7 to mother
Custody of children after age of 7 dependant on circumstances
Reply 67
Original post by Rakas21
Bradford is around 25% Muslim.

*Marks a cross on Bradford too on my UK map poster*
Thanks
Reply 68
This is why I said that the ONLY thing that works in the UK with regards to shariah, is sharia finance

Yes do you think it should use islamic Divorce over western as the Islamic one is more fair and just? Which one would you chose be honest?

Western Divorce

Islamic Talaaq
Reply 69
Original post by Groot
Thanks

Wow! Do you have any idea how many rights Islam gives women:eek:
Original post by ubi1
Yes do you think it should use islamic Divorce over western as the Islamic one is more fair and just? Which one would you chose be honest?

Western Divorce

Islamic Talaaq

Youre getting a bit off topic there :smile:

EDIT: Actually maybe not.... I know finance (Personal finance that is) I dont really know much about divorce...

Original post by Groot
Thanks

Why so? Cos it's 25% Muslim? Seems a bit...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 71
Youre getting a bit off topic there :smile:

EDIT: Actually maybe not.... I know finance (Personal finance that is) I dont really know much about divorce...

Just asking a question regarding shariah and British laws the difference when it comes to divorce, how is that off topic Lol:redface:
Reply 72
Original post by ubi1
Wow! Do you have any idea how many rights Islam gives women:eek:

Is it enough for most people in the world to NOT think Muslim women are oppressed?
Original post by ubi1
which one if fair and just?

In the unfortunate circumstances where a married couple go through a divorce there are two ways from my understanding:

Western Divorce

Islamic Talaaq

The Islamic one is certainly in my self interest but the western one is most just. The Islamic one is based on the notion that women are not equal while western marriage is viewed as a partnership.

Two points though..

1) I think alimony is in the USA, not here. We do have to pay for the children though.

2) In a little over 60% cases, men in the UK get child custody
Reply 74
Original post by Groot
Is it enough for most people in the world to NOT think Muslim women are oppressed?

How are they oppressed?:confused:
Reply 75
Why so? Cos it's 25% Muslim? Seems a bit...

:colone:
Reply 76
Original post by ubi1
How are they oppressed?:confused:

I didn't say they're oppressed. :confused:
Original post by ubi1
Just asking a question regarding shariah and British laws the difference when it comes to divorce, how is that off topic Lol:redface:

Sorry I mis-read. See my edit

Original post by Groot
:colone:

Care to answer the actual question?
Reply 78
Original post by Rakas21
The Islamic one is certainly in my self interest but the western one is most just. The Islamic one is based on the notion that women are not equal while western marriage is viewed as a partnership.

Two points though..

1) I think alimony is in the USA, not here. We do have to pay for the children though.

2) In a little over 60% cases, men in the UK get child custody

No Islamic one is perfectly just and fair, Ill explain to here hold on......
1. When a woman divorces from a man, he has NO responsibility for her. She becomes under the care of her own mahram men such as brothers, ubcles and fathers. This is because in Islam the nikah (marriage) is a contract whereby a man provides for the wife and in return she and him can have physical relations, raise children etc. Once that contract between him and the woman is broke he no longer has to honour that because there I no longer to his benefit, only hers. How's that fair? Islam also does not restrict a woman from earning and keeping her own wealth, so why should she be entitled to money from the husband after divorce? The western laws leave men deprived of wealth in reality they earned and usually need to.continue supporting their children as an Islamic obligation and make it more difficult for men to move on when they're paying exorbitant amount to an ex wife who Islamically they have no.responsibility for.

Can you provide a source where men win 60% of children's custody cases most of the time the mother gets custody
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Groot
I didn't say they're oppressed. :confused:

so your not saying Muslim women are oppressed your saying most people believe they are oppressed if not please make it clear what your saying please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending