Teacher Training finance Watch

jadeya123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Good evening,

I am looking into applying for a teacher training programme but I'm having some problems knowing where to start with finance. I have found a programme I like and want to apply for but i'm worrying about how I can afford to live. I can get a tuition fee loan and a maintenance loan but the maintenance loan pretty much only covers what my rent is without any other bills. I have looked into bursaries but because I want to train to study dance there isn't a bursary I can get with it not being a national curriculum subject. I am a little stuck with what to do!
Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Jade
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there.

What type of teacher training programme are you looking to do? The majority of courses which lead to qualified teacher status are fully funded by us. They will attract maintenance loans and tuition fees as well as maintenance grants if you qualify for them. Grants are based on income and are offered on top of the loans. There is additional funding for people with dependents also and for anyone who has a disability.

Thanks.
jadeya123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello thanks for your reply, I would rather do a training programme that is based in a school. The issue I am having is finding funding for me to train in dance teaching. I have looked into loans but it just doesn't cover much as my household income would be £0

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed