Do I declare asthma on my UCAS? Watch

Georgiecat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm mildly asthmatic, but beyond needing to use my inhaler every now and again (but quite a lot when I get ill), it rarely has much of an effect on my life. I'm planning on, ironically, doing a degree in chemistry. Is asthma something I should declare on my UCAS?
theronkinator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What section do you propose to put it under.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I shouldn't think so, as long as it doesn't have an influential effect on your studies.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well it is neither a qualification, a university, an achievement, nor an extenuating circumstance, so no.
Georgiecat
Rep:
?
(Original post by theronkinator)
What section do you propose to put it under.
Long-standing health conditions

(Original post by Ndella)
I shouldn't think so, as long as it doesn't have an influential effect on your studies.
I saw Southhampton uni listed is as examples of things that would go under that section, but UCAS didn't, so I'm a bit confused really
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Georgiecat)
Long-standing health conditions

I saw Southhampton uni listed is as examples of things that would go under that section, but UCAS didn't, so I'm a bit confused really
Ah in that case go ahead!
Piledriver
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You only select that if "You have a long standing illness or health condition such as cancer, HIV, diabetes, chronic heart disease or epilepsy" so no.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it's serious, so you've had a lot of time off school due to it, then it should be included. If it's as mild as you say then leave it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Georgiecat
Rep:
?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have had to take some time off school for it, but it would add up to maybe a week to a fortnight per academic year. Not sure if that's worth mentioning? I'd suspect not, but I don't know...
lozasaurus99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What if I put dyslexia will I be discriminated? ..:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
parentlurker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. The university may send you a medical form later to check if you have any conditions that impact on your studies. If you will need any special precautions in the lab to avoid triggering your asthma mention it then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (543)
37.79%
No - but I will (112)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.6%

Watched Threads