Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm new around here

I was just wondering if you know any tricks to remembering the Light dependent and Light independent stages of photosynthesis and the different stages of respiration? They are quite difficult topics and it doesn't help when you have a teacher that is hardly in -_-

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mud4554r)
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please guys?

ReputationRep:
    Please guys?
    hey man, im also new here (i joined like 5 mins ago ) i feel your pain, and my solution is youtube. Subscribe to Tom Dare, he's the best in my oppinion, you also writing tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munyaradzi)
    hey man, im also new here (i joined like 5 mins ago ) i feel your pain, and my solution is youtube. Subscribe to Tom Dare, he's the best in my oppinion, you also writing tomorrow?
    Welcome! Ok thank you, i'll check it out! Yeah I'm going to try and be as active as possible on this site

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm new around here

I was just wondering if you know any tricks to remembering the Light dependent and Light independent stages of photosynthesis and the different stages of respiration? They are quite difficult topics and it doesn't help when you have a teacher that is hardly in -_-
    Try CGP revision guides since they explain quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelsea12345)
    Try CGP revision guides since they explain quite well.
    I do have one and it is very useful

I also have a Letts revision guide, which is slightly more detailed!

I was wondering though if you know any different ways to learning the photosynthesis and respiration stuff because they are complicated.

ReputationRep:
    I do have one and it is very useful

I also have a Letts revision guide, which is slightly more detailed!

I was wondering though if you know any different ways to learning the photosynthesis and respiration stuff because they are complicated.
    use flash cards with the questions on the front and answers at the back so that you can test yourself as you go. try putting the information into your own words, I always find it much easier to learn that way. Or maybe for the formulas for respiration and photosynthesis , just say them out loud till you get it or write them down till you remember it. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    use flash cards with the questions on the front and answers at the back so that you can test yourself as you go. try putting the information into your own words, I always find it much easier to learn that way. Or maybe for the formulas for respiration and photosynthesis , just say them out loud till you get it or write them down till you remember it. Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much! I will definitely take your suggestions on board Are you studying A2 Biology too?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I will definitely take your suggestions on board Are you studying A2 Biology too?
    Nope. Just doing my gcses! good luck with you revision though.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on how your brain likes to retain information does it retain better when you read flash cards or is it better with visual aids if so use tables and diagrams instead.
    When I take notes I prefer to use black pen and red felt tips for underscoring I find the contrast enables me to pick out the important info when reading through my notes. It also looks much neater to my eye than highlighters.
    I intend to make or print off diagrams and tables and pin them up close to where I'm studying to help become familiar with them.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Just doing my gcses! good luck with you revision though.
    Oh! Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Good luck to you too!
    Thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ovid14)
    It really depends on how your brain likes to retain information does it retain better when you read flash cards or is it better with visual aids if so use tables and diagrams instead.
    When I take notes I prefer to use black pen and red felt tips for underscoring I find the contrast enables me to pick out the important info when reading through my notes. It also looks much neater to my eye than highlighters.
    I intend to make or print off diagrams and tables and pin them up close to where I'm studying to help become familiar with them.
    I normally read my notes again and again and I also answer exam questions. I don't really have a learning method. I do use highlighters though and sometimes I do draw diagrams, so I guess I'm an all rounder

Thanks for your input though, I'll take it on board!

ReputationRep:
    Here's my tips! (From someone who got 100% at in OCR Bio at A2 )
    - Subscribe to Nottsast on Youtube, he explains everything you need to know with a few extra details that make all of those not so clear bits make sense!
    - Draw the necessary diagrams over and over. So when you're in an exam, you can try to visualise what the page looked like when you drew it out, and hopefully the information will come along with it.
    - Write out the processes repeatedly, making sure you include all of the necessary key words because that is the most important part.
    - Make flash cards. Not ones with loads of writing on about the processes, just make ones to help you remember the definitions of words. That way, you'll make sure you know when to use the words, clear up any confusion and be able to write detailed answers correctly.

My number one top tip however, is to teach someone else. Seriously, just sit down and try to explain it to someone who has no idea what you're talking about and you'll find that because you want to be correct in what you're saying, you force yourself to remember and to try your hardest to make your explanations clear. I've forgotten pretty much everything from A-level, except for the sliding filament model which I taught to my nan because I found it unbearably difficult - and then it became the easiest thing

Remember, key words are the most important part of it all. It doesn't matter if you learn the process off by heart, if you haven't included the buzz words, you won't get the marks. MAKE SURE LEARNING THESE IS YOUR PRIORITY.

And if you're a bit of a nerd like me, copy out the textbook as many times as humanly possibly. Your head will probably explode but it'll all be worth it on results day:rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 3, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.