Year 11 Work Experience in a bank? Watch

JP0458B
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys I'm in Year 11 at the moment and wondering how to get into a work experience programme in a bank this summer, any ideas?

If you've done work experience in a bank please share how you got it and stuff

Cheers
Chelsea12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Don Joiner)
Hi guys I'm in Year 11 at the moment and wondering how to get into a work experience programme in a bank this summer, any ideas?

Cheers
have you tried searching online or phoning up to see if they offer work experience?
gears544
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Check out Barclays Life Skills
JP0458B
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chelsea12345)
have you tried searching online or phoning up to see if they offer work experience?

Say I wanted to work at a barclays branch, would i call up that branch or the main bank and ask about work experience

thanks for the reply tho
Chelsea12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Say I wanted to work at a barclays branch, would i call up that branch or the main bank and ask about work experience

thanks for the reply tho
i would say the main bank, i think.
_Lizabeth_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Cheers
I did it at Barclays at the end of year 10 instead of 11. I started off asking lots and lots of banks (Santanders, HSBC, Lloyds, Barclays, Natwest). I phoned and emailed since they all said they offered it, but most didn't reply.

For HSBC, search for work experience for 14-16 year olds and it will come up somewhere on their graduates website. I think there's an online form you fill out after signing up which you have a deadline for January probably. They will email you back in your account with interview times, you choose the interview time, most are during school hours - in the mornings at 9, so tell your school you'll be there instead. They'll ask you 3 questions and you just answer, they email you back. I did fine but one question I kinda failed.

For Barclays, go to their LifeSkills website, sign up and complete all the tasks they tell you. They tell you to do little quizzes about stuff like money, skills, personality. You can have more than 1 go I think. Anyways, the max you can get are 1000 points, for work experience, you need 200 I think. After you've got it, print out the certificate that you get (to show you've got the points and are eligible for work experience). Then, go to the teacher in charge of Work Experience at your school, show them your certificate and tell them that they need to go on LifeSkills and probably sign up as a teacher and fill you in for Work experience because you won't be able to do it yourself. Hopefully, they will sign up and email the branch and you'll get it

Edit: I just saw your other post, where I did it, there were two branches, one main one where there were PB's, cashiers, meetings etc. The other one was 2 minutes away and had 2 cashiers and that was it, automatically, when your teacher emails the branch, it'll go to the main one probably.
JP0458B
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Lizabeth_)
I did it at Barclays at the end of year 10 instead of 11. I started off asking lots and lots of banks (Santanders, HSBC, Lloyds, Barclays, Natwest). I phoned and emailed since they all said they offered it, but most didn't reply.

For HSBC, search for work experience for 14-16 year olds and it will come up somewhere on their graduates website. I think there's an online form you fill out after signing up which you have a deadline for January probably. They will email you back in your account with interview times, you choose the interview time, most are during school hours - in the mornings at 9, so tell your school you'll be there instead. They'll ask you 3 questions and you just answer, they email you back. I did fine but one question I kinda failed.

For Barclays, go to their LifeSkills website, sign up and complete all the tasks they tell you. They tell you to do little quizzes about stuff like money, skills, personality. You can have more than 1 go I think. Anyways, the max you can get are 1000 points, for work experience, you need 200 I think. After you've got it, print out the certificate that you get (to show you've got the points and are eligible for work experience). Then, go to the teacher in charge of Work Experience at your school, show them your certificate and tell them that they need to go on LifeSkills and probably sign up as a teacher and fill you in for Work experience because you won't be able to do it yourself. Hopefully, they will sign up and email the branch and you'll get it

Edit: I just saw your other post, where I did it, there were two branches, one main one where there were PB's, cashiers, meetings etc. The other one was 2 minutes away and had 2 cashiers and that was it, automatically, when your teacher emails the branch, it'll go to the main one probably.
Thanks so much for that, really helpful

I'll probably call up all the banks in the upcoming christmas holidays and try and get a placement. HSBC looks like application opens in Jan so I don't think you can apply until then

Thanks for the reply
Tiggerpooh123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello I am a mature person and mother of 4 the youngest is 17yrs old,and although the I have no experience in a bank situation I am a keen reliable worker.i used to work in pharmacy till about 5yrs ago I picked up the training and responsibilities so well I was given a key to the narcotics safe and was very capable workin in a team or by mysel. Please give my application consideration .Youts sincerely Mrs A Chew
Matthew Tang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
for HSBC what type of questions do they ask you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (454)
37.99%
No - but I will (90)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.95%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (568)
47.53%

Watched Threads