The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015

Scroll to see replies

hey! I'm also applying for Nutrition & Dietetics... applying to Nottingham, Coventry, Hertfordshire & Surrey :smile:
I'm applying to Surrey and Coventry for Dietetics too, and I'm applying to Nottingham for nutrition as I dropped Chemistry last year... I'm nervous for the interviews too, hopefully they won't be too bad!:smile:
Reply 3
I am applying for Nutrition too, but we don't need to do any interviews???
Hi! Im doing an access to science course at the min and applying for Dietetics 2015. Have a draft of my PS but so many assignments to do at the min going to get it finished and submitted end of the month. Im applying to Leeds Met, Chester, Cardiff, Herts and not sure of my 5th yet. Has anyone been to an open day at Coventry yet and how did it compare to others youve been to?

Any other mature students in a similar position?

Claire
Hey!
I am applying for Dietetics (and Nutrition) at Surrey, Notts, Plymouth, Glasgow Caledonian and Leeds met. I am quite nervous for my interview at Surrey, it said we have to do numeracy and literacy tests, but I don't know what level they would be at!

Idrees
I've got an interview at Hertfordshire next Monday for Dietetics, anyone else have an interview that day?
Reply 7
Hi
I am on an access course applying for dietetics and nutrition courses 2015 I have 2 offers for nutrition at Chester and at Huddersfield and I have been knocked back from dietetics at Leeds met they have already told me I am not doing enough chemistry on my access course. I am waiting to hear back from Chester about dietetics so fingers crossed on that one that I get a an interview but still aware they may knock be back because of the lack of chemistry. My fifth choice was nutritional sciences at man met not heard from them yet either. I am a mature student from Manchester.
Reply 8
Hey I'm applying for Nutrition and Dietetics too! I'm applying for Dietetics at Queen Margaret Uni in Musselburgh and also Nutrition at QMU. I'm also applying for it at Glasgow Caledonian. There is only 3 uni's in Scotland that offer it :frown: I'm applying for nursing twice to fill up my spaces!

Good luck everyone, lets hope we get it!!
Reply 9
Original post by Idrees_anwar
Hey!
I am applying for Dietetics (and Nutrition) at Surrey, Notts, Plymouth, Glasgow Caledonian and Leeds met. I am quite nervous for my interview at Surrey, it said we have to do numeracy and literacy tests, but I don't know what level they would be at!

Idrees

Hey i was wondering whether u have any offers yet from any of your unis as i have applied to Surrey,Nottingham and Glasgow Caledonian unis too??
Original post by Ellllaaaa
Hey i was wondering whether u have any offers yet from any of your unis as i have applied to Surrey,Nottingham and Glasgow Caledonian unis too??

Well I had my Surrey interview today, I think it went quite well! (Fingers crossed) I only just got an email from Glasgow Caledonian saying they recieved my ucas, and as far as I could tell, no one who applied to notts had heard back yet. I think so far the main ones have been heartfordshire, Coventry and now Surrey!
Reply 11
Well I had my Surrey interview today, I think it went quite well! (Fingers crossed) I only just got an email from Glasgow Caledonian saying they recieved my ucas, and as far as I could tell, no one who applied to notts had heard back yet. I think so far the main ones have been heartfordshire, Coventry and now Surrey!

How was your interview for surrey,what sort of questions did they ask? Did you have to do the numeracy or literacy test? I hope to hear from them soon too! If it did go well then you may get an offer, hope for the best! :smile:
My interview was a lot like an informal chat, they were very generic questions, why are you interested, have you worked in a team etc. The literacy and numeracy test were very very basic, I wouldn't worry about those, they were simple multiplication questions, and grammar spelling and punctuation! Hopefully you will hear from them soon!
Reply 13
My interview was a lot like an informal chat, they were very generic questions, why are you interested, have you worked in a team etc. The literacy and numeracy test were very very basic, I wouldn't worry about those, they were simple multiplication questions, and grammar spelling and punctuation! Hopefully you will hear from them soon!

Thank you i will consider these if i ever get a reply from Surrey! :frown:
I got a letter inviting me to an interview at notts over the weekend, so look out for that, hopefully you'll get one soon!!
Reply 15
Hello, i am applying to Coventry and Nottigham. Has anyone received an interview invitation for coventry? If so how long after applying? Thank you. I am so nervous! Keep checking my email every 10 min
Hi, the people who I were talking to on the surrey interview day had received word from Coventry already, but I am guessing they sent off theirs quite a while ago, I mean I sent mine off a week before the half term and have only heard back in these past 2 weeks, so I am assuming they were along the same lines, when did you send yours off?
Reply 17
I sent off my application 2 weeks ago and got an interview from Coventry yesterday!
Reply 18
Thank you for the answers :smile: I sent mine on the 18th so almost two weeks ago. Did you get an email or letter on post?
My notts one came in the post, but Surrey was on their applicant portal and email, wasn't on ucas though

Quick Reply

Latest