Computer Science at University Watch

thatapanydude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
After completing a few months at school of as computing and I'm interested to find out what comp sci is at uni,furthermore the jump from a level and the amount of coding you do? (Side Note - Not a very good problem solver) I have heard that this might be a problem?
thatapanydude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by thatapanydude)
After completing a few months at school of as computing and I'm interested to find out what comp sci is at uni,furthermore the jump from a level and the amount of coding you do? (Side Note - Not a very good problem solver) I have heard that this might be a problem?
anyone???
username1530463
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, you do need to do A Level Maths which has a lot of problem solving. But if you're OK, it's fine. But if you're bad, you need to improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jon5579
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No you don't have to do A-Level maths (As long as you don't want to get into the mid-higher+ group) - it looks good and will help you a lot though. If I'm gonna be brutally honest I'm crap at problem solving, but I can formulate a way of doing something in a programming language even if it is a difficult problem, but I fall flat on my face in some mathematical problem solving (Namely in Mechanics/M1 ).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed