Ignore function not really ignoring

Watch this thread
Vionar
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The ignore function isn't helping me to ignore a poster

I've just used the ignore function for the first time today, and it doesn't really help me to ignore the user in question very well. There's a rather big box telling me where the user has posted, I feel that should be more discreet - it stands out to me more than the other posts in the thread! And I can also see what the user has said when they're quoted, so I can read what the user has posted despite them being on my 'ignore' list.

Is this a problem anyone else has or do I just need to get on with life and ignore the poster anyway?
President Putin
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Yes.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Same for me as well.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Vionar)
The ignore function isn't helping me to ignore a poster

I've just used the ignore function for the first time today, and it doesn't really help me to ignore the user in question very well. There's a rather big box telling me where the user has posted, I feel that should be more discreet - it stands out to me more than the other posts in the thread! And I can also see what the user has said when they're quoted, so I can read what the user has posted despite them being on my 'ignore' list.

Is this a problem anyone else has or do I just need to get on with life and ignore the poster anyway?
That's just the way the ignore function operates I'm afraid. I agree that their comments being visible via others quoting them is jolly annoying.
username5271994
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
And what do you propose should happen with it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.31%
The paper was reasonable (226)
42.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.69%

Watched Threads