I've started smoking again :( Watch

Jahe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everybody I'd really appreciate some advice.

I'm a 19 year od guy who used to smoke from the age of 16 around 20-30 cigarettes a day but managed to quit 8 months ago.

I had been using electronic cigarettes and found them okay but still craved cigarettes.

The other week however I had my first cig in 8 months on a drunken night out. I really regret it.

Over the last 2 weeks I'm up to smoking 10 - 15 a day. I really want to quit for good, I hate the lingering smell.

Any advice on quitting for good ? Any good e-cigs? A mate of mine quit using herbal cigarettes. Has anybody any experience of them ? Thanks
Jahe
Rep:
?
please reply, I need some advice
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/smoking/P...eyourself.aspx
Powpowpowpowpow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know how much help this will be as I myself have never smoked, but many of my family used to smoke and quit.

The one thing everyone says makes the quitting process harder is "trying" to quit. To be in the mindset that you haven't quit yet, but are trying, is like a drawn out torture. They all agreed that it was easier to just quit and that's it, no weaning, no gradual taper off. Just stopping cold turkey was the only way they managed to do it. My grandma was the last to quit and she also "tried" for the longest time out of everyone. Eventually she just decided she was throwing out the packet and wasn't buying any more, and she didn't buy any more, and she hasn't smoked since.

Of course everyone is different so I'm not saying this will definitely work for everyone, but it seems that's what most of the ex-smokers I know agree on.
JACKIEKENNEDY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
don't come crying when you get lung cancer.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried Nicotine patches?
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
in America a lot of people use the drug wellbutrin stop smoking.my mother smoked 2 packs of cigarette for forever.they told her if she didn't stop smoking she would have full-blown emphysema.her doctor put her on wellbutrin to help her quit.I was impressed she actually quit for a long time. I catch your time from time smoking cigarettes. She can barely walk down the hallway. I have to take her to the emergency room once every 3 months because she's having problems breathing.quit smoking. the outcome is certain but nobody knows when it's going to happen.do your loved ones a favor stop smoking. They love you and would hate to lose you.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jahe)
The other week however I had my first cig in 8 months on a drunken night out...
Mmmm, drunken cig - the best, right?
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jahe)
Hi everybody I'd really appreciate some advice.

I'm a 19 year od guy who used to smoke from the age of 16 around 20-30 cigarettes a day but managed to quit 8 months ago.

I had been using electronic cigarettes and found them okay but still craved cigarettes.

The other week however I had my first cig in 8 months on a drunken night out. I really regret it.

Over the last 2 weeks I'm up to smoking 10 - 15 a day. I really want to quit for good, I hate the lingering smell.

Any advice on quitting for good ? Any good e-cigs? A mate of mine quit using herbal cigarettes. Has anybody any experience of them ? Thanks
Hi,
I have moved this to Health for you as you will hopefully get a better response here!
Jahe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lee R)
Mmmm, drunken cig - the best, right?
You bet mate ! have you tried to quit ?
DeborahMiller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
E-cig is what I can recommend to you since Dad is using it now after he decided to give up tobacco and the traditional cigarette smoking. He also said that he's having a hard time dealing with the process of quitting but through electronic cigarette, he's now coping because he gets the same sensation he wants from it.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jahe)
You bet mate ! have you tried to quit ?
I quit a long time ago and never looked back. I think it's easier for some people. All depends on your situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise