Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

lucky_bean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys! Do you think, if I miss the grade for my English literature place (AAA) Warwick will be likely to let me in? I want to go to Warwick so bad and I'm terrifies of not meeting the grades!
mynameispoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LumosNox)
Me either. Two of my friends have already finished!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so fast! okay not many days left I m so excited for it to end!! when's yours ending?
LumosNox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lucky_bean)
Hi guys! Do you think, if I miss the grade for my English literature place (AAA) Warwick will be likely to let me in? I want to go to Warwick so bad and I'm terrifies of not meeting the grades!
I'm in the same position as you. I think it does depend on how everyone fairs in any one year. It also would depend on what the B was in. If it was english, then I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LumosNox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mynameispoo)
That's so fast! okay not many days left I m so excited for it to end!! when's yours ending?
I finish Thursday, the 18th. I'm so ready to be done! It's scary how quickly some others have finished. One had photography, media and film and they finished yesterday. The other had history, english and photography and they finished Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lucky_bean
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same position as you. I think it does depend on how everyone fairs in any one year. It also would depend on what the B was in. If it was english, then I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thank you! Fingers crossed we both make it!
MoSalhi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if Warwick is particularly competitive for Physics? I'm worried that I might not be able to meet by offer by one grade .. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brownclown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any biologists or biomeds at warwick willing to answer a few Qs for me? Would be much appreicated
Rkai01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do Warwick do adjustments?
rachlily
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got an offer for politics and international studies but don't think I'll meet my AAA offer. If I get A*AB or AAB is it possible they will still let me in?
lewisthornton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck to everyone sitting STEP tomorrow (even though I want you all to fail so I get in)!
H Lall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Age)
Heronbank or Lakeside
Hey! I'm going to Warwick for MSc Management as well
peanuts123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Liv934)
Haha it's cool Hispanic studies and Japanese! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I've only just seen this! German with French
Amandeep_3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lewisthornton)
Good luck to everyone sitting STEP tomorrow (even though I want you all to fail so I get in)!
How did you find it? I found it really difficult tbf.
fatart123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amandeep_3)
How many questions did you manage? Did q1, q2, q5 and q7 fully and couldn't really do anything else. Made a tiny mistake on q2 in simplifying something but hope that it only costs me a few marks out of 20. Definitely harder than last year's paper tbh, hoping for similar boundaries
Amandeep_3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fatart123)
How many questions did you manage? Did q1, q2, q5 and q7 fully and couldn't really do anything else. Made a tiny mistake on q2 in simplifying something but hope that it only costs me a few marks out of 20. Definitely harder than last year's paper tbh, hoping for similar boundaries
Got a full solution in q1 and q7 (though not to sure on my q7.)
Did part a and b for question two.
Did part b for question 5, figured out part a as soon as i left the exam hall though
Also did a little bit of question 8.
Didnt do well compared to how i did on past papers, thought I thought this paper was harder than normal so hopefully grade boundaries similiar to 2014?
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fatart123)

... I did 1, 2, 5 and 7, did 3 partials in 3, 8 and 11. Also managed to mess up in misreading something in Qu7 which carried through the rest of the question but talking to people here like DFranklin etc, and they said the maximum I could possibly lose is 4 marks on 7 if they were being really harsh. So I should be looking at anything from 78->86.

(Original post by lewisthornton)
Got a full solution in q1 and q7 (though not to sure on my q7.)
Did part a and b for question two.
Did part b for question 5, figured out part a as soon as i left the exam hall though
Also did a little bit of question 8.
Didnt do well compared to how i did on past papers, thought I thought this paper was harder than normal so hopefully grade boundaries similiar to 2014?
Dont worry guys, it was a very tough paper, harder than last years, expect boundaries to be similar.

Also, post number 1000.
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't do nearly as well as I should have, I sacrificed full solutions to do parts of more. I should have worked to get proper full solutions on Q2 and 7, and my sketch for the last part of 1 was wrong; I made an error somewhere which I couldn't figure out >.<

I reckon I missed a 2, although you guys are saying the boundaries should be low, even though I thought in some respect this year had some nice questions. Questions 1, 2, and 7 I think were certainly tame!

Any idea how many people who get in have 2's or 3's?
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheFuture001)
I didn't do nearly as well as I should have, I sacrificed full solutions to do parts of more. I should have worked to get proper full solutions on Q2 and 7, and my sketch for the last part of 1 was wrong; I made an error somewhere which I couldn't figure out >.<

I reckon I missed a 2, although you guys are saying the boundaries should be low, even though I thought in some respect this year had some nice questions. Questions 1, 2, and 7 I think were certainly tame!

Any idea how many people who get in have 2's or 3's?
From the distributions, it seems they give 50% of people a 2, approximately speaking. I do not think they were "tame" but they just one of the 4 approachable questions on that paper which made them seem that way, it will probs be like 45-50 for a 2, 65-70 for a 1 if I had to guess??? Maybe even lower for a 2 and 1 as it was harder than last years without a doubt. I could do a ton of them last year, but only 4 of these.
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
From the distributions, it seems they give 50% of people a 2, approximately speaking. I do not think they were "tame" but they just one of the 4 approachable questions on that paper which made them seem that way, it will probs be like 45-50 for a 2, 65-70 for a 1 if I had to guess??? Maybe even lower for a 2 and 1 as it was harder than last years without a doubt. I could do a ton of them last year, but only 4 of these.
Oh really? Wow that is very reassuring ^_^. I was fairly disappointed with myself over the course of the day as I realised I let slip the questions which I had a better grasp on.

But anyway got a second shot tomorrow. My aim now is to ace at least 2 and possibly 3 questions, and scratch at the rest.
mynameispoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I finish Thursday, the 18th. I'm so ready to be done! It's scary how quickly some others have finished. One had photography, media and film and they finished yesterday. The other had history, english and photography and they finished Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I finished today!! But I guess I screwed up in both papers today in such a bad mood... i guess i m not going to warwick:cry:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.73%
Jeremy Hunt (84)
27.27%

Watched Threads