Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

Disney0702
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone planning on getting an NUS Extra card? I don't know if they're worth it
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm being somewhat paranoid about the photo ID upload. Does anyone know if it should be passport style i.e. plain background, looking directly at camera, blank expression, or does it not really matter? I can't see any guidelines.

edit: Nevermind I've spotted some..
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
I'm being somewhat paranoid about the photo ID upload. Does anyone know if it should be passport style i.e. plain background, looking directly at camera, blank expression, or does it not really matter? I can't see any guidelines.

edit: Nevermind I've spotted some..
Ha yh I did that too! I didn't spot the guidelines until after I uploaded the type ID picture. But I corrected it afterwards.
Sophia-1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Disney0702)
Is anyone planning on getting an NUS Extra card? I don't know if they're worth it
I was thinking about that too. However, we will have our university cards and I think that would help us get student discounts anyway right? Or do we need that specific card to get them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophia-1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah! Most of my friends have already got their accommodations confirmed!

I heard that if your course starts on 5th Oct then we can come to Warwick on 3rd Oct. But most other unis allows their students to come at least a week before!

That is kinda annoying!
Yeah same here!
Yeah I've been told to come on the 3rd (surname begging with A-M) which gives me 2 days to get settled in and prepare before the term starts which seems a little daunting to be honest...
I guess its treated differently and in a 'delayed' kind of way partly due to them starting quite late in comparison to other universities. Still daunting though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophia-1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shaf6565)
Anybody going to the freshers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You mean the Freshers Fortnight events or the Freshers welcome party/ball/whatever?
Apart from the fairs, I've only found 4-5 things that I'd like to go to over those two weeks. Not much of a clubbing/rave person to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sophia-1996)
I was thinking about that too. However, we will have our university cards and I think that would help us get student discounts anyway right? Or do we need that specific card to get them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I believe our student ID cards will get us discounts in most of the places we need.

I was just curious about the NUS Extra card because I hear some people have them and I wanted to know if there was an extra benefit. After hearing what other people have said I think its only really worth getting if you do A LOT of online shopping, which I don't so I'm not gonna get it.
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah same here!
Yeah I've been told to come on the 3rd (surname begging with A-M) which gives me 2 days to get settled in and prepare before the term starts which seems a little daunting to be honest...
I guess its treated differently and in a 'delayed' kind of way partly due to them starting quite late in comparison to other universities. Still daunting though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you hear about coming on the 3rd, did they said you an email?

I called them yesterday asking about accommodation and the lady said they expect people to arrive on 3rd Oct.

To be honest I don't think 2 days will be enough time for me to settle down.

The lady also said that Freshers Week will happen over the first two weeks of our courses which again is kind of weird because I hear other unis do it before course starts!
Sophia-1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No I believe our student ID cards will get us discounts in most of the places we need.

I was just curious about the NUS Extra card because I hear some people have them and I wanted to know if there was an extra benefit. After hearing what other people have said I think its only really worth getting if you do A LOT of online shopping, which I don't so I'm not gonna get it.
Yeah makes sense. I don't do much online shopping either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophia-1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you hear about coming on the 3rd, did they said you an email?

I called them yesterday asking about accommodation and the lady said they expect people to arrive on 3rd Oct.

To be honest I don't think 2 days will be enough time for me to settle down.

The lady also said that Freshers Week will happen over the first two weeks of our courses which again is kind of weird because I hear other unis do it before course starts!
In the Welcome booklet it advises that half arrive on one day (A-M) and the other half (N-Z) on the other day. However, I hear most people are coming on the 3rd anyway haha, it's much better
Yeah will be hectic! Don't worry, we will all be in the same boat (cliche time) and we will help each other out (I'd be prepared to lend a hand to anyone feeling overwhelmed or stressed anyway)

Really? I wasn't even aware that other freshers weeks are before the course. Wow... I'd much prefer that but we can't change it I guess :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In the Welcome booklet it advises that half arrive on one day (A-M) and the other half (N-Z) on the other day. However, I hear most people are coming on the 3rd anyway haha, it's much better
Yeah will be hectic! Don't worry, we will all be in the same boat (cliche time) and we will help each other out (I'd be prepared to lend a hand to anyone feeling overwhelmed or stressed anyway)

Really? I wasn't even aware that other freshers weeks are before the course. Wow... I'd much prefer that but we can't change it I guess :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome booklet? Did you receive through the post? Gosh I'm so disorganised, I need to look for that!

By the way, which course are you doing?
LordAbi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not worth it. Unless you do tonnes of online shopping which you'll have to do a fair bit to save back the money you spent on the card.

In response to other universities doing it differently, the vast majority have freshers week in the last week of September. We don't get a freshers week before course starts, but to make up for it we get 2 weeks of freshers. If that makes sense?
Sophia-1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Welcome booklet? Did you receive through the post? Gosh I'm so disorganised, I need to look for that!

By the way, which course are you doing?
Yeah! But it's also on the 'Welcome' website too somewhere, I think...
Haha doesn't matter much. If you need as much time as possible then I'd advise to look at the time frame in which you arrive at Warwick (on the 3rd) (booklet) and arrive early on.
BA Classical Civilisation! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scottt97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone enrolled yet? As I'm still waiting for the email to say that my enrollment is open and I'm just wondering if its just me still waiting and all
Sophia-1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Scottt97)
Has anyone enrolled yet? As I'm still waiting for the email to say that my enrollment is open and I'm just wondering if its just me still waiting and all
No we all are waiting. I think tell us to enrol around 3 weeks before our course's start date so not yet.
As you long as you have submitted your photo already (if not, do it NOW😝) then that's it for now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LewisJacquesWait
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anybody in the Statistics Dept might be able to help me out here, is this the diagnostic test we have to do? http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/st...nt/diagnostic/

Only, the link to get you there is through 'New Student Information 2014' so I'm not sure if it's out of date or not.

Cheers.
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah! But it's also on the 'Welcome' website too somewhere, I think...
Haha doesn't matter much. If you need as much time as possible then I'd advise to look at the time frame in which you arrive at Warwick (on the 3rd) (booklet) and arrive early on.
BA Classical Civilisation! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My surname begins with M so I need to arrive on the Sunday.

I'm going to do MEng General Engineering
jrs971
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Arrive on Saturday if you would prefer - might be nicer to be there early. It's only a very loose guideline
BobLoblawLawBlog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

(Original post by jrs971)
Arrive on Saturday if you would prefer - might be nicer to be there early. It's only a very loose guideline
This. You get first dibs on cupboard and fridge space as well. You can choose a shelf in the fridge that won't have stuff from everyone elses shelves dripping down on to.
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jrs971)
Ah yh! I defo I wanna come on Sarurday, I just assumed that they may be strict about that kind of thing. I'll just call them up and ask if its okay, shouldn't see why it'll be a big deal.

Are you coming on Saturday?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.73%
Jeremy Hunt (84)
27.27%

Watched Threads