The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi,

I'm doing computing at Leeds Uni and I'm 32. How's it going?
Reply 2
~Egg~
Hi,

I'm doing computing at Leeds Uni and I'm 32. How's it going?

I'm ok, though i'm at Leeds Met.
Reply 3
I was there last year, but I transferred as it just wasn't for me. What are you studying?
Reply 4
I'm at leeds met, what u studying? i'm also mature apparently!!:smile:
Reply 5
zoe76
I'm at leeds met, what u studying? i'm also mature apparently!!:smile:

Entertainment Management
Reply 6
is that at civic quarter? sounds like good fun (the entertainment bit) :smile: i'm doing crim and sociology not as glam but still fun!
Reply 7
It is at the civic quarter yes but as for it being fun i'm not so sure and theres a possibility the course may not continue if not enough people go through to next year.
I'm at Leeds Uni doing Classics. I'm nearly 23 (birthday tomorrow).
Reply 9
Is it possible to get into Leeds Uni (not met) with an access course? The course I wanted to do didn't seem to allow access entry route - judging by ucas website! Curious!!:smile:
Sorry I couldn't tell you. You could look on Leeds Uni website and email the department of the subject you wish to study and ask them personally.
Reply 11
good question brogfrog i would also like to know the answer to that one :smile:
Reply 12
I'll be starting an extended degree in Social Sciences at Leeds in September and I'm 21. As for the access course question, go to the Leeds foundation year website, I only have GCSE's and got in no problem.
Reply 13
I'm considering going back to uni, and Leeds would probably be my first choice.

I'm not 100% certain which degree to go for, but definitely something science/healthcare based.:biggrin:

Maybe I'll see you all there soon...
Reply 14
I'm a mature student hoping to start leeds uni in sept; I have a inyerview on the 4th may
Reply 15
im going to leeds sept 07 to do adult nursing and im 22!

cant wait to go but really nervous at same time
Reply 16
T O R N E
oooo nursing? Leeds offer pretty good nursing courses. Unless you were talking more on the lines of pure science i.e. biology biological science?

I don't know but I'd like to do a degree that would lead to a career in the NHS. My A Levels from way back when are not sciencey so I was thinking about applying for the Interdisciplinary Foundation Year in Science and then see how I perform academically and which courses appeal to me.

I quite fancy Clinical Physiology though...
Reply 17
T O R N E
Yea, the foundation year is a good idea, if you haven't got A' levels in science. You never know, i might make you change your mind half way through the course and give you a firm idea of what science course would suit the most :smile:

I take it you're doing nursing are you?:p:
Reply 18
T O R N E
No, i'm doing medical science :p: lol

Oooh what's it like - and does it prepare you for any particular career? I thought it sounded interesting on the Leeds website.:biggrin:
Reply 19
T O R N E
I don't know, i haven't started yet lol I start in September :smile: Although i'm sure it's great :p: It's designed for biomedical scientists, but it opens doors all over; postgrad, pharmacology, medicine, animal science...loads of stuff :smile:

Sounds cool:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending