College help? St Hild & St Bede vs St Mary's Watch

Georgiecat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm planning on applying to NatSci, so I'll spend most of my time at the science site. I'd like a college with lots of societies (particularly in the arts), and ideally the accommodation would have kitchens and be quite old/traditional, and have lots of green space. Which of these colleges would be best for me? Any current students at either of those colleges?
Nabbles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I'm studying computer science at Hild Bede. We are the furthest college away from the science site. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk and it is up-hill for most of the walk. We have a lot of 16 acres of land which is mostly grass, although it is pretty much all on a slope. My building has pantries which are communal rooms with a microwave, fridge, kettles and a sink with draining board, the second and third year section of the Hild building does have fully fledged kitchens but you will only really get access to them if you get a room in Hild, there may be kitchens in other parts of the college but I don't know about them. The actual accommodation is ok, the bathrooms and showers aren't great. I can't really tell you much about the arts since it isn't really my thing, although I do know we have a play in production. I'm happy to answer any other questions you have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.81%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (605)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed